New Chameleon

Is there a better way to feed him then allowing them to free range?
I personally cup feed my chameleons a simple bird feeder cup would work with hooks and hook it to a ledge or branch near it’s basking branch where it can see or a feeder run cup you can buy or the shooting gallery from tk chameleons personally mine didn’t take to the shooting gallery but mine are just odd balls most do and it’s a great way to keep track of how much they eat

Laying eggs sounds scary and I’ve never experienced it but I feel like if husbandry is provided right it shouldn’t be a problem they are designed to lay eggs providing the proper temps humidity hiding opportunities and limiting food once they reach sexual maturity aswell as providing a lay box and she should do what comes naturally

More pics of back of your it's feet please also have you gotten your husbandry checked?
I haven’t. Is there a specific place to post pics to have it checked? The pet store told me everything I needed but I’m finding that maybe they really aren’t educated enough about chameleons specifically because their advice contradicts some of the advice here.

I haven’t. Is there a specific place to post pics to have it checked? The pet store told me everything I needed but I’m finding that maybe they really aren’t educated enough about chameleons specifically because their advice contradicts some of the advice here.
You can just make a new thread and title it husbandry review on the forums like how you made this post and put pictures of your setup with a husbandry review information thing someone probably has

Hi! :) Your little cham is adorable! With our sweet girls we need to make sure our husbandry is as perfect as possible to prevent complications with egg laying. Just like chickens, your little girl will produce and lay (infertile) eggs when she grows up. It does shorten their lives, so we do what we can to reduce egg production thru diet and temps. Right now it’s nothing to be concerned about as your little one has a lot of growing to do still and getting your husbandry perfect should be the focus of her care.

I would post a husbandry form like the others link you and fill that out. There are some things a bit of in your cage, so we would like to help you to give your chameleon the best life possible.

Back
Top Bottom