New chameleon!

Sewellau1

Hey, I got my chameleon a week ago today and everything has gone great so far! I was just wondering how long it takes for a chamelon to get comfortable in its new home. I notice he gets a little stressed when I get too close (to put crickets in, add plants, etc.). How do I make this change as easy as possible for him? I have not handled him or anything.

It depend from chameleon to chameleon.
My veiled took 2 months to get settled and my panther got settled in about 2 hours and started eating from my hand and willingly going on my hand (his enclosure is not too small, info for the haters). So you can only try hand feeding him and if you have a free time put a chair turn on the netflix and put your hand in just so he gets used to you. Whatever happens do not try to touch him or get him out if he doesn’t want that.

Just try to bother him as little as possible for now. I would give him another 1-2 weeks. Then you can start hanging around in the room he's in. Then start sitting near his cage, and maybe walk around slowly in the room, until he's more comfortable with your presence. Then you can go onto working with hand feeding to build trust.

Great blog on it, by the lovely @Beman
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-your-chameleon.2396/?page=2#ubs-comment-3906

It could take a couple weeks to get him used to you, or months. It varies chameleon to chameleon. My boy only recently started to hand feed, and ive had him for about 6 months now. Took him 4 months to get used to me moving around near him.

Just go at his pace.

It depend from chameleon to chameleon.
My veiled took 2 months to get settled and my panther got settled in about 2 hours and started eating from my hand and willingly going on my hand (his enclosure is not too small, info for the haters). So you can only try hand feeding him and if you have a free time put a chair turn on the netflix and put your hand in just so he gets used to you. Whatever happens do not try to touch him or get him out if he doesn’t want that.
Okay I will try that. Thank you

Just try to bother him as little as possible for now. I would give him another 1-2 weeks. Then you can start hanging around in the room he's in. Then start sitting near his cage, and maybe walk around slowly in the room, until he's more comfortable with your presence. Then you can go onto working with hand feeding to build trust.

Great blog on it, by the lovely @Beman
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-your-chameleon.2396/?page=2#ubs-comment-3906

It could take a couple weeks to get him used to you, or months. It varies chameleon to chameleon. My boy only recently started to hand feed, and ive had him for about 6 months now. Took him 4 months to get used to me moving around near him.

Just go at his pace.
Okay this makes me feel a lot better, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom