New chameleon

Lost wolf

I got a new vailed chameleon and I believe it's a male he is too small to be sure and I just wanted y'all to see him. He is perfectly healthy and he eats everything I give him.His favorite thing to do is hang upside down on the roof of his cage which is so cute. I have not given him a name yet so I'm looking for suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_20170527_155904.jpg
    IMG_20170527_155904.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20170527_163110.jpg
    IMG_20170527_163110.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 145
I got a new vailed chameleon and I believe it's a male he is too small to be sure and I just wanted y'all to see him. He is perfectly healthy and he eats everything I give him.His favorite thing to do is hang upside down on the roof of his cage which is so cute. I have not given him a name yet so I'm looking for suggestions.
wow he's adorable! can you post a picture of his enclosure I'm curious to see what you use for a veiled that small because I've got a little panther myself:LOL:

wow he's adorable! can you post a picture of his enclosure I'm curious to see what you use for a veiled that small because I've got a little panther myself:LOL:
I don't have a small cage for him so I just use my big cage which is big for him

Attachments

• 20170303042449_IMG_0106.JPG
    20170303042449_IMG_0106.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 119
You need a lot more plants and branches, to the point it is a little difficult to find him. This is probably the reason he is hanging from the roof of the cage. Also substrate can be dangerous depending on what you're using. fish being next to the cage could be adding stress too. If you got him at a pet store there is a good chance he wasn't properly taken care of. It's hard to say a chameleon is perfectly healthy because by the time they're showing symptoms things have gotten pretty serious.

Not trying to give you a hard time, but unfortunately there are a lot of veiled that come on here supposedly very healthy, but never end up seeing them into adulthood. Without these forums and extensive research we'd all be making mistakes so don't take it personally.

You need a lot more plants and branches, to the point it is a little difficult to find him. This is probably the reason he is hanging from the roof of the cage. Also substrate can be dangerous depending on what you're using. fish being next to the cage could be adding stress too. If you got him at a pet store there is a good chance he wasn't properly taken care of. It's hard to say a chameleon is perfectly healthy because by the time they're showing symptoms things have gotten pretty serious.

Not trying to give you a hard time, but unfortunately there are a lot of veiled that come on here supposedly very healthy, but never end up seeing them into adulthood. Without these forums and extensive research we'd all be making mistakes so don't take it personally.
I got him from a breeder and I have more plants in the mail also the picture is from when I had my old chameleon so the fish arnt next to the cage and I do have more plants when I got him from the breeder he was hanging on the roof then today he hasn't been hanging from the roof and when I was misting him he climbed on me

Attachments

• 20170528003145_IMG_0159.JPG
    20170528003145_IMG_0159.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 129
How did she die? If you're placing a new cham in a cage from a dead chameleon without thorough sterilization It's very possibly for whatever killed your old chameleon to be passed onto your new one. I would fill out the help form asap.

How did she die? If you're placing a new cham in a cage from a dead chameleon without thorough sterilization It's very possibly for whatever killed your old chameleon to be passed onto your new one. I would fill out the help form asap.
She died from bad breading and she was bullied by her sister I thoroughly sterilized the cage with the help of a friend who owns her own chameleons and has had experience and I just filled it out

She died from bad breading and she was bullied by her sister I thoroughly sterilized the cage with the help of a friend who owns her own chameleons and has had experience and I just filled it out
I also contacted the breeder who I got this one from (before I got him) and talked to him about how I should sterile the cage

She also was trying to lay but she had complications

Why was she living with another chameleon? and bad breeding isnt very specific. I'm not judging you, but it sounds like poor husbandry was the culprit whether by you or the breeder. This isn't directed at you, but many people come here with new veileds, but rarely see any adult healthy veileds. It's unfortunate they are so cheap and people regularly buy them with no prior research or understanding of the complex animal they are getting. So don't mean to drill you that's just why people tend to ask a lot of questions to new veiled keepers. The species is sadly a neat throw away prop for people these days.

Why was she living with another chameleon? and bad breeding isnt very specific. I'm not judging you, but it sounds like poor husbandry was the culprit whether by you or the breeder. This isn't directed at you, but many people come here with new veileds, but rarely see any adult healthy veileds. It's unfortunate they are so cheap and people regularly buy them with no prior research or understanding of the complex animal they are getting. So don't mean to drill you that's just why people tend to ask a lot of questions to new veiled keepers. The species is sadly a neat throw away prop for people these days.
I rescued her from a pet store who were going to kill her they had her and "her brother" who actually is her sister together they didn't know how to take care of her and the breeder they got her from was bad when I got her they told me she was 7 months old but I don't believe that she was when I got her she was anerexic and scared I managed to get her to eat for 2 weeks but then it came to laying even though I had everything set up for her she just wouldn't lay she was the sweetest thing ever and I wish I could have helped her more her sister is alive but is very sick that's all ive heard from the person who adopted her I have been learning and researching since I was 9 so I have some knowledge

Back
Top Bottom