New chameleon

MadisonSpits

Just recently purchased a new 3 month old veiled chameleon from petsmart. They said it was a boy. I'm pretty sure it's a girl. Can you tell me if she looks healthy? Doesn't eat much. Maybe 3-5 crickets max a day. Only seen her poop once. Haven't seen her drink but her urate was completely white. She love to be out of her cage. I have a dripper and mist at least 4 times a day. Basking spot is 90. Cage at the bottom is 74. Should she be eating more? Is her black spots on her side normal as well?

Here's attached photos

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    275.4 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    393 KB · Views: 183
Hung this on my wall for her and begs to get out of her cage everytime I mist to climb!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 121
Do you have real plants in the cage? Try spraying the top of the cage until drops slowly drip down then leave her by herself and she will drink if she can reach the top.

90 degrees is wayyyyy too hot for a baby. It should be low 80s because it can burn them if they get too close to the light. Does look like a female, make sure u get a laying bin set up for her in about 2 months. Females lay infertile clutches a couple times a year, and they can become egg bound and die if they can't lay the eggs. Good luck!

I highly suggest more horizontal branches and things she can climb easier. A live pothos or something like that hanging in the middle of the cage will help with humidity and she will really enjoy it.

Just took this page. She does look dehydrated doesn't she :(

Yes she does, where do you have your dripper? I had a similar problem with my veiled female and found that hiding the dripper tube in some fake plants where she can see and reach caught her attention and she drinks from it, I still spray her cage though.

My dripper was useless, except for making a puddle. My chams urate were getting some orange, so I bought a Mist King. That fixed everything.

90 degrees is wayyyyy too hot for a baby. It should be low 80s because it can burn them if they get too close to the light. Does look like a female, make sure u get a laying bin set up for her in about 2 months. Females lay infertile clutches a couple times a year, and they can become egg bound and die if they can't lay the eggs. Good luck!
When it was in the 80 degrees she only stayed right under the light and didn't move at all. She would reach up to the top and try to get my heat.

Does she turn brown in the morning right when the lights turn on to absorb more heat?? Or is this a gray color and she's sick?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom