New chameleon stopped eating?

AZcham new boy

Im a newby to owning my chameleon hes only 4months old and iov had him for 4days, the first three he has been fine eating from a cup and on 1 occasion my hand but today he has refused any food i offer, when i go in his viv he just goes as deep into the plant as he can or hisses, should i be worrying or will he become more confident as he settles in? He is drinking well though...
Cheers guys aaron

Often a chameleon can take days, weeks, up to a month to settle into his new home. How old is he?

Only about 4months i think it could be just settling in still, hes a male veiled only about four months, he is in a wood and glass viv, 4x2x2, with a live ficus and fake plants also. I mist his viv twice a day and he drinks everytime. Feedin him in the morning and at about 5in the evening.
I have a Repti-Glo5.0 tube and his basking spot is at 25 centigrade.

I cant post pictures as i dont know how,
hope from this information you can help thanx again
aaron.

its hard when your so excited about your new cham to give it space but just stand back. remember that a tiptop cham could go weeks without food so dont fret too much. At this point hydration is more important. How much are you feeding? As Jann suggested, fill out the form. Constructive criticizm may be a huge help. This forum has taught me more than I could have ever imagined.:D supplimentation and gutloading are crucial.

Yeah i am completly new to it all and have done months of research but i suppose every chameleon is different and should just giv him time to settle down.
Ill fill in the form
thanx again.

its hard when your so excited about your new cham to give it space but just stand back. remember that a tiptop cham could go weeks without food so dont fret too much. At this point hydration is more important. How much are you feeding? As Jann suggested, fill out the form. Constructive criticizm may be a huge help. This forum has taught me more than I could have ever imagined.:D supplimentation and gutloading are crucial.

you think a 4 month old could go without food for weeks? I am not sure I agree with that. Maybe a healthy adult. JMO!

glad to hear as relaxing and enjotable as these chams are they sure get us worried alot. dont they know thats scary LOL

you think a 4 month old could go without food for weeks? I am not sure I agree with that. Maybe a healthy adult. JMO!
Ya, weeks is a little harsh. Sorry.:eek:
Going a week+ without food is definately not a good thing for any cham, let alone 4 months. Thank you for clarifying. My point was to try & relieve stress from a new keeper who was concerned their cham didnt eat for one day. Although I do think that a hearty juvie could go for a week without food as long as its drinking, I dont suggest it.

Back
Top Bottom