New chameleon setup problems

georgii

NEW chameleon set up, HELP?!

I'm fetching my new male baby ambilobe panther chameleon on Friday.
I've got a 2x2x4ft reptibreeze screen cage vivarium.
It's got a 5.0 uvb in the canopy and 75w basking bulb in the dome, which is connected to the thermostat. 2 Live plants, main plant being the pothos. Branches and vines going to different areas of the vivarium. Got a DIY drip system setup to.
I need some advice on how to get the correct temperatures throughout the viv, it feels to cold. The humidity is only getting up to 45%, (I have been misting the viv a few times a day to try and help but it's not moving) so also need some advice on how to keep the humidity up.

My house can get a bit chilly at night due to living in the uk, do I need another heater for the night time?
And how do you all do your drainage for the water at the base of the viv?

I have included a picture of the set up but not sure if it'll work. Any questions about it just ask! Any helps much appreciated :)

Attachments

• panther chameleon vivarium.jpg
    panther chameleon vivarium.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 122
Hello I live In the uk too. I covered three side of my screen enclosure in shower curtains to help keep heat and humidity up. A good website for drainage issues is chameleonworldmuji.co.uk. They do drainage base. Here is a pic of my enclosure set up. This forum has lots of very good information on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 165
I'm fetching my new male baby ambilobe panther chameleon on Friday.
I've got a 2x2x4ft reptibreeze screen cage vivarium.
It's got a 5.0 uvb in the canopy and 75w basking bulb in the dome, which is connected to the thermostat. 2 Live plants, main plant being the pothos. Branches and vines going to different areas of the vivarium. Got a DIY drip system setup to.
I need some advice on how to get the correct temperatures throughout the viv, it feels to cold. The humidity is only getting up to 45%, (I have been misting the viv a few times a day to try and help but it's not moving) so also need some advice on how to keep the humidity up.

My house can get a bit chilly at night due to living in the uk, do I need another heater for the night time?
And how do you all do your drainage for the water at the base of the viv?

I have included a picture of the set up but not sure if it'll work. Any questions about it just ask! Any helps much appreciated :)

as mentioned shower curtains or something similar on the sides will definetly help, what do you mean the humidity doesnt move, like at all? Should atleast be a spike after you finish misting, can try longer misting sessions or even a little bit more foilage should help. Another piece of advice: looks like some more branches can be used. what are your temps at? how you measuring them since you only says feels cold? there could be a temperature gradient with it being cooler in the bottom half of the enclosure. They can take a drop over night in the 50s-60s. with a young ambilobe believe it will be ideal to keep it a bit warmer with my 3mo doesnt go below 64 over night. Drainage can be as simple as drilling a hole and having it drain into a bucket or more complex lots of threads

as mentioned shower curtains or something similar on the sides will definetly help, what do you mean the humidity doesnt move, like at all? Should atleast be a spike after you finish misting, can try longer misting sessions or even a little bit more foilage should help. Another piece of advice: looks like some more branches can be used. what are your temps at? how you measuring them since you only says feels cold? there could be a temperature gradient with it being cooler in the bottom half of the enclosure. They can take a drop over night in the 50s-60s. with a young ambilobe believe it will be ideal to keep it a bit warmer with my 3mo doesnt go below 64 over night. Drainage can be as simple as drilling a hole and having it drain into a bucket or more complex lots of threads
Thank you, will try the shower curtains. It spikes to 50% after misting but soon goes back down to 45%(measured on hygrometer), the shower curtains may help this though. My temps are getting up to 85f in the basking spot, but will drop to about 60f at night, so may need to go and buy some kind of night heater for him. I have a thermometer but just feels rather cold, but yes your right could do with adding some more branches as there are only 7 in the their at the moment.
I mean i'm not one of these that knows nothing about reptiles, as I've got a bearded also, but chams are a little bit more complex setup than them lol :)

Please could someone help me all my new chameleon seems to do is sleep hes not eaten since saturday the day i got him even tho food has been there :confused:

kylie- go to the section "health clinic and to the right on the top is a "new thread button- click that and then go to the "sticky" for how to ask for help- it will give us an idea on what might be wrong-cut and paste your info into the new thread -I'm off to work so hopefully someone can help you soon - I'll try and check when I get there.

Back
Top Bottom