new chameleon! Potental eye problem? HELP!

KiloTheChameleon

20130526_155215_zpsd8db0f8e.jpg

IMG]http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q643/Brian-Kevin_Sheridan/Mobile%20Uploads/20130526_155206_zps81cd1370.jpg[/IMG] went to my favorite pet store to get Kilo and Kila some plants.

I fell in love with a cbb veild chameleon about 5 to 6 months old.

He has pinks, blues and greens. Sooo beauitful.

Long story short I didnt exaime him throughly upon being home I set up his cage and released him!
While stalking him for 3 hours before bed time

I found these 2 things.

1. The last half inch of his tail has bite marks and is kinked but still semi functions.

2. His eye has a flap over it... Kilo sometimes has this if he is showering to assist his shed, but it goes away. This little guys wont.

Im torn between keeping him or returning him to the pet store.... where the inveditivle will occur...

Whats my chances? Should I really wanna keep him but cannot handle a death or a vet visit for a few weeks because of the 450 $ I spent on everything for him and himself

Chameleonforum....meet Karma.

20130526_155206_zps81cd1370.jpg

Honestly if you hadn't stated it was a male I would have thought it was a gravid female from the pictures. The bars are barely developing and it is a very pinkish color.

As for the eyelid, I want to say it is just a birth deformity. It doesn't look infected or anything. Just looks like it's been there forever or the eyelid folded over a bit.

I don't think it's much to worry about.

If I were you I would return the poor little guy or take him to the vet to be sure.

EDIT: the eye was probably born like that. the tail is definitely an issue. I think it may be the stores fault for leaving bugs overnight that they dont eat, resulting in the bugs biting the chams.. or leaving 2 chams in 1 cage which also results in territorial behavior like biting and stuff.

I would return him :( They are responsible for the bite marks which could become infected and yeah that's not good

Last edited:
Thabk u so much. Is pink not good? There were 12 to 20 chams in 1 huge tank.

I am on my way to return him absolutely crying I feel so bad. Sooo bad.

I cannot afford a vet trip or I would keep him I fear for his life but im soo sorry its out of my hands.

Kilo and kila are GREAT and I am FULLY CAPIBLE of raising them and making them strong and healthy.

Karma is out of my control I feel really badly for him. I will request special help for him.

But he seems sick and im not capible of nursing or capible of handling a death of a chameleon. I will lose my mind and s^/t Litterally and get soo depressed.

I

Thabk u so much. Is pink not good? There were 12 to 20 chams in 1 huge tank.

I am on my way to return him absolutely crying I feel so bad. Sooo bad.

I cannot afford a vet trip or I would keep him I fear for his life but im soo sorry its out of my hands.

Kilo and kila are GREAT and I am FULLY CAPIBLE of raising them and making them strong and healthy.

Karma is out of my control I feel really badly for him. I will request special help for him.

But he seems sick and im not capible of nursing or capible of handling a death of a chameleon. I will lose my mind and s^/t Litterally and get soo depressed.

I

Oh goodness. Keeping that many chams? Even if the tank is HUGE they will still hate each other and bite each other.

I am sorry but you should not risk it! Take the poor little fellow back :(

I would buy from a respected breeder.. Or next time you buy one, inspect the heck out of it and make sure there are no bite marks. Bad infections come from that.

:( poor little dude. I'm glad you have made up your mind though

**Also I am not sure about the pink skin thing. usually pink means raw skin though, and you usually dont see pink**

Back
Top Bottom