New Chameleon Owner - Help!

Congratulations you have a boy!!

YES! Okay... I was fine with a girl but was really hoping for a boy. I hope this is right! Thank you.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, but it doesn't really make much sense for the mushroom ledge to be there if it's intended purpose is to be "rested upon". Chameleons tend to like to grip on what they stand on and by the looks of it that isn't possible with the ledge. Now, of course, leaving the ledge in won't cause any harm, but maybe with it removed you could fit in more vines for him to climb on. Just my two cents ^^

No, you're right. I have been "Re-mapping" the Terrarium this evening and the ledge isn't doing my any good. He does like going down and eating the feeders that crawl under it but I have never seen him on it. I can definitely fit more usable vines without it.

Just another quick note, the temps gauges you have in there are very inaccurate. I am not actually sure why they even make them, anyway I would get either a temp gun or I personally like the probe type to accurately check your temps!

Just another quick note, the temps gauges you have in there are very inaccurate. I am not actually sure why they even make them, anyway I would get either a temp gun or I personally like the probe type to accurately check your temps!

On the cage picture in the original post, You can barely see it in the top right but I have a probe style temp gage. I just recently got this (yesterday) and it showed me just how inaccurate the little gages were. Ugh. I did order a temp gun today though per recommendation on another thread.

That is a boy for sure. He's got those cute tarsal spurs ;)

SO STOKED THAT IT IS A BOY <3

Would anyone be able to take a Wild Guess at the age? I am very curious. I bought him from Petco right at about 3 Weeks ago.

On the cage picture in the original post, You can barely see it in the top right but I have a probe style temp gage. I just recently got this (yesterday) and it showed me just how inaccurate the little gages were. Ugh. I did order a temp gun today though per recommendation on another thread.

SO STOKED THAT IT IS A BOY <3

That is great you got a new gauge, it bugs me that they still sell those round gauges, they are so inaccurate:mad:

Back
Top Bottom