New chameleon not eating

Bay687

hey i just pick up Lula two days ago, i got cage lights and everything, im misting her down, and i put crickets in her cage and super worms in her bowl the guy said she eats from, do you think i just need to give her time before she warms up and eats? please let me know thanks

Could be stress, Leave it be for a while and see how it goes. When i got my little female she ate the first day then randomly stopped for a few days and then became an eating machine!

dont stress

my jackson tends to skip food for days, then eat like a pig..

he will also randomly reject things the day before he loved...

Mine refused to eat in front of me for a good while, had me a bit worried.
Leave the room for a few hours and come back and you might see some missing bugs like I did.

Eventually he warmed up with me watching him eat. Still working on the handfeeding though.

do you think its smart to clean her cage once a week? cuz it builds up water at the bottom.. and it gets nasty

do you think its smart to clean her cage once a week? cuz it builds up water at the bottom.. and it gets nasty

I clean it daily, alot of others do it every other day. Deep cleans are done bi-weekly or weekly. Most people seem to use diluted bleach or a steam cleaner.

The bottom shouldnt be flooding, perhaps you should look at some newer drainage solutions.

P1016382.jpg

This one is kind of common, this is an older picture of my setup. There are a serious ton on this forum though, search "drainage" or "drainage solutions"

The pot makes the pvc weight down in the middle. There are holes in the PVC center to drain water.

Water goes through pot, or around, drips through PVC holes.

Through the dishwashing rack and into the collection pan. I dump it about once a day, fills up pretty good.

Last edited:
alright cool .. i appreciate that, i bought this whole kit for 100 dollars and the cage at the bottom has like plastic inside, so it never escapes, it builds up at the bottom

alright cool .. i appreciate that, i bought this whole kit for 100 dollars and the cage at the bottom has like plastic inside, so it never escapes, it builds up at the bottom

Then you could try drilling drainage holes in the cage base at the lowest point ofcourse. Then position the cage over something with a pan or tray beneath. It should cover the boundrys of the cage in terms of floorspace so theres no spillage. My dripper runs at around 5litres in two days so you need to keep the tray emptied. best not to have water sittting under the cage too long (increases humidity). and the risk of bacteria. Ventilation is important, so a solid base is probly not the best given the drainage issues involved with chams.

Let it settle into its new enviroment for a day or two, as long as water is provided by dripper/mistings it'll be fine.

Last edited:
so everyone i changed the inside, cuz it was a big pot, and i wanted more plants for her, so i got her two one gallon ficus benjamina, and she sitting at the bottom, hasnt moved all day, literaly same spot all day, does that mean somethings wrong? she doesnt like it or what?

Back
Top Bottom