New Chameleon Mamma - Advice much Appreciated!

I was at work today, which is why I wasn't able to reply to the post below. I hope that I have not sounded rude in my replies. I have a lot going on and I love my chameleon baby. I will be heartbroken if I lost him.

I recently lost a fish and he was my favorite. I just can't lose Winston and would love any input, feedback, or identification of his symptoms. It would be so very helpful.

Thank you, kindly.

• Your Chameleon - Veiled Chameleon. 2 months. Male.
  • Handling - Twice a day. Once for feeding and playtime *which is me putting him on his little jungle tree. The same in the evening. Sometimes he falls asleep on my lap late at night when I am watching tv.
  • Feeding - Right now, I am syringe feeding him because he is not eating on his own. Originally, he was eating 4 - 6 mealworms and 4 - 6 crickets. He does not like greens. I powder calcium on his crickets but have yet to start the gut feeding process.
  • Medication - He is on Emeraid IC Carnivore. Intensive Care Nutrition. He was on Calcium Glubionate for two weeks. He is on Strongid T Dewormer for the parasites for two weeks.

• Supplements - Flukers repaboost.
  • Watering - I mist him twice a day. He has a drip system right now. He is very thirsty recently.
  • Fecal Description - Yes he has been tested positive for parasites. He is being treated.
  • History - He was sick when I adopted him.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - I am building a cage for him. It's six feet tall and two and a half feet wide. Very spacious. Screened. Only natural plants. He has been in a four feet x two feet cage for the two months I have had him.
  • Lighting - 12 hours heat and UVB light. I use the zilla pro sol fixture.
  • Temperature - Lowest overnight is 75. Daytime is 73 ish.
  • Humidity - I use a thermometer. Right now I believe it is at 70%.
  • Plants - Pothos. Bromeliad. Umbrella.
  • Placement -It is near a high traffic area. However, I live alone. He has two and a half feet from the ceiling. He is next to the sunroom but does not have direct light.
  • Location - Atlanta

Can you be a little more specific with lighting? What specific uvb and heat bulb are you using? Im not sure if we covered this, but be sure to stop with the meal worms. Also fecal description, are they solid with a good white urate? Also feel free to give us pictures of the enclosure.

I meant wax worms! Why dont we want to feed him the wax worms?

His poop is not healthy but it looks better than it did a week ago. Its the bad yellow and white, liquidy.

Can you be a little more specific with lighting? What specific uvb and heat bulb are you using? Im not sure if we covered this, but be sure to stop with the meal worms. Also fecal description, are they solid with a good white urate? Also feel free to give us pictures of the enclosure.

Please do not handle him so regularly especially new chameleons. Letting him fall asleep on your lap is a big NO. He is not a dog.

Your supplement, misting and lighting details are lacking.

And you did not answer another member regarding whether if he's tested positive or negative for parasites.

They told you, They have a Zilla Pro Sol.

It uses funky bulbs and they are CFLs and Halogens. https://www.amazon.com/Zilla-Pro-Sol-Fixture-Timer/dp/B06XRB9NZH

The Bulbs are,
  • For use with Zilla Mini Halogen & Mini UVA/UVB bulbs (not included)
As that is all that works with that fixture.

61DthWcdJCL._SL1500_.jpg

Ah I see i was under the impression the Zilla Pro Sol was just a fixture.

Well it is, but its Zilla lol, so of course its some off the wall proprietary garbage :p.

Zilla likes to be "Unique" in some things that works, out I love my Zilla terrariums, in others, well different isnt always better.

It has horrid reviews on amazon.

Back
Top Bottom