New chameleon arrival....just have to brag

Juliaf3

Established Member
Well my new nephew chameleon is arriving tomorrow! I'm so excited to have another chameleon enthusiast so close to me! The fact that she is my best friend/sister makes it even better. We can swap feeders and provide an awesome variety for our chams without breaking the bank or wasting feeders! Anyway, I just have to brag on my friend, who is a member on here (BKfritz) her husband built the cage, but she decorated it. She has done such a good job preparing for her little guy! Tomorrow is the big day and I am SO excited for his arrival! He is going to a great home. She has prepared for him so well. She has all his supplements and his feeders just waiting on him.

The cage is lined with chicken wire on the outside to provide extra protection, she has cats and we were worried how they may react after reading some horror stories on here. She has a pad lock to keep the human creatures from getting him out. The top of the cage has wide metal squares to allow more UVB through. She just did so so good! Here's a couple pictures I snagged while over there today. We are so giddy over the new arrival it's ridiculous! I absolutely love the different color leaves she used! She also has a small pothos in there. She has raised the bottom of the enclosure until little man grows some! I believe it's 24x24x48!

image.jpg

Last edited:
One more picture to show y'all how beautiful it looks inside!

image.jpg

BKfritz and Jbecker (cage builder who is also now on the forums)
Y'all did amazing!! Can not wait for Jbecker to make my outdoor enclosures!

She even has his name picked out. It's totally awesome, but I will not say, because that is her job :)

Beautiful cage!! They did a very nice job :) I'm perusing pictures of enclosures to get an idea on how to set my new guy's future home. Good looking out for the kitties. I can't wait to see pictures of him when he arrives!

He arrives tomorrow and I am sure she will snag some quick pictures. Once he's good and settled we will give him a nice photo shoot with my Nikon for her to post :)

You're really to nice :) I can't stand this waiting! The enclosure should have been done.....but....I just broke the basking bulb, and the top humidity gage must have gotten wet on the inside when I was hosing everything off because it reads a constant 99% and I sooooort of dropped the other one and cracked the screen.:eek: so, I have to make a quick run to the hardware store in the a.m. And retrieve some things :) then I'm heading to the nursery in the afternoon for a new plant to go with my amazing LED light that will be here soon!

Well my new nephew chameleon is arriving tomorrow! I'm so excited to have another chameleon enthusiast so close to me! The fact that she is my best friend/sister makes it even better. We can swap feeders and provide an awesome variety for our chams without breaking the bank or wasting feeders! Anyway, I just have to brag on my friend, who is a member on here (BKfritz) her husband built the cage, but she decorated it. She has done such a good job preparing for her little guy! Tomorrow is the big day and I am SO excited for his arrival! He is going to a great home. She has prepared for him so well. She has all his supplements and his feeders just waiting on him.

The cage is lined with chicken wire on the outside to provide extra protection, she has cats and we were worried how they may react after reading some horror stories on here. She has a pad lock to keep the human creatures from getting him out. The top of the cage has wide metal squares to allow more UVB through. She just did so so good! Here's a couple pictures I snagged while over there today. We are so giddy over the new arrival it's ridiculous! I absolutely love the different color leaves she used! She also has a small pothos in there. She has raised the bottom of the enclosure until little man grows some! I believe it's 24x24x48!

View attachment 96376

:eek: Bonnie!!! Lol I'm going to marshal today, if theirs something you need from there that they don't have in our small town, let me know. I'm gonna pick the boys up some worms :D I'll be sure and get my nephew some nice small ones ;)

Back
Top Bottom