New Cham!

manderson

Picked up my first Panther Cham, a sub-adult Sambava male :D

So far seems like a chill little guy.. will feed from my hand and keeps trying to grab onto you when ever the front cage is open.

One thing i do notice is that he keeps going RIGHT underneath the basking light, the probe is a a few inches under the light and is reading about 90f, so i assume its even warmer where he is hanging out....

Would it be best to raise the light ? or trim the branch that he seems to enjoy basking on? i think im going to figure out a way to raise the light.

Attachments

• CAM00477.jpg
    CAM00477.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 198
  • CAM00460.jpg
    CAM00460.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 270
  • CAM00456.jpg
    CAM00456.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 222
Congratulations on your new boy. Yes you will need to raise the light as there is a danger of thermal burns as they won't move away even if its too hot. :D

Thanks!!! im having fun watching him walk around its so funny! haha.

I proped the basking lamp up with some shot glasses to boost it about 2 inches or so... is there a proper way to do this though?

Thanks!

Thanks!!! im having fun watching him walk around its so funny! haha.

I proped the basking lamp up with some shot glasses to boost it about 2 inches or so... is there a proper way to do this though?

Thanks!

I don't let my Cham any closer then about 6" from my lowest lamp.

Beautiful Cham. You could get a light stand, a few different versions out there. Zoomed makes a nice one or rig up some DIY sexiness.

Back
Top Bottom