New Cham Owner

Stubbs

Hello hello!

Been lurking around these parts for a few months now in preparation for my first chameleon. Just got him yesterday - a 5 m/o nosy faly from Chameleons NorthWest. Named him Ziggy Stardust (RIP Bowie).

Here are a few pics of him and his enclosure (work in progress). Any advice or comments are greatly appreciated. Tried to get some better pics of him, but he's still in that "hates me with his entire being" phase. Chameleons, amirite!? He has fallen once, but:

1. he was trying to climb the screen/ temp gauge.
2. i'm assuming he's still freaked out about being mailed, and therefore...
3. again, totally hates me (i was near the cage).

Anyway, looking forward to being an active member of the community. Thanks in advance for any help!
IMG_1094.JPG
IMG_1097.JPG
IMG_1100.JPG

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!! Your little guy is awesome! By the way...great name. I love the fact that you used Schefflera arboricola and Ficus benjamina in his enclosure....awesome choices. The more horizontal branches you can give him the better. But overall it looks good. I am just curious as to what your lighting situation is. I would make sure that he can't get to close to the top of the enclosure on the schefflera......I don't want him to burn..:eek:

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!! Your little guy is awesome! By the way...great name. I love the fact that you used Schefflera arboricola and Ficus benjamina in his enclosure....awesome choices. The more horizontal branches you can give him the better. But overall it looks good. I am just curious as to what your lighting situation is. I would make sure that he can't get to close to the top of the enclosure on the schefflera......I don't want him to burn..:eek:
Thanks! I'm intending to put a few more horizontal branches and vines in there when i'm able to coax him out of the enclosure. For the lighting, the UVB is in the center, with the heat bulb open to the branch basking spot below. The hottest spot he can get to is around 85 degrees. That picture is sort of an optical illusion with the schefflera coming towards you, i'll try to get better ones later!

Thanks! I'm intending to put a few more horizontal branches and vines in there when i'm able to coax him out of the enclosure. For the lighting, the UVB is in the center, with the heat bulb open to the branch basking spot below. The hottest spot he can get to is around 85 degrees. That picture is sort of an optical illusion with the schefflera comes towards you, i'll try to get better ones later!

Gotcha, the temp is great!! It must be an optical illusion...because you described exactly what I was seeing.

Congrats! Best of luck with your new friend. Make sure to give hi a little time to settle in before changing the enclosure too much. He looks very cute!

Back
Top Bottom