New cham Owner need help please

-Rabbit

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Veiled chameleon and 2 weeks
  • Handling - i try to handle him every day for at least 30 minutes since he hasnt been eating i havent touched him
  • Feeding - crickets. i try to feed him at least 10. i put them in at 10am every morning. and i feed them apples and carrots.
  • Supplements - i only have repticalcium and i use it once a week on mondays
  • Watering - a dripping system a cup and misting. i mist him 3/4 times a day. i did every once and a while not in the last 3 days
  • Fecal Description - his droppings look fine solid poo with a white urate and no
  • History - i got him from petco :/

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - screen 18.18.36
  • Lighting - a UVB 5.0 bulb from reptisun and a incandescent bulb at 60 watts from home depo and at 7am i turn them on and at 10pm i turn them off
  • Temperature - he sits around 78-80 all day and havent gotten a chance to messure his basking spot
  • Humidity - he averages around 50% humidity
  • Plants - i plan to get some today
  • Placement - its on my desk there is a room fan that stays on low and hes about 4 feet off the floor
  • Location - florida
He recently had a fall in his cage while shedding and after that he stopped eating crickets and its been 3 days since he has eaten his full amount he ate one yesterday and today he stopped opening his left eye and occasionally it swells up and then goes back down can anyone help please

Welcome to the forums. Where do you live in FL?
Any pictures of you chameleon and his set up?
In the beganing you said two weeks.....is that 2 weeks old or you have had him for two weeks?
How long do the mist him for?
What kind of UVB light do you have the tube style or a coil bulb?

Welcome to the forums. Where do you live in FL?
Any pictures of you chameleon and his set up?
In the beganing you said two weeks.....is that 2 weeks old or you have had him for two weeks?
How long do the mist him for?
What kind of UVB light do you have the tube style or a coil bulb?
i have owned him for 2 weeks his about 3/4 months old and he was in a tank for a few days and his eye swelled up and i mist him every day about 4/5 times a day and the coil type and like his eye is swelling up super big now

You have to mist them for a long time at least 3 minutes to give them time to wash out their eyes. Let me see if I can find the blog on the shower chamber for you.

You have to mist them for a long time at least 3 minutes to give them time to wash out their eyes. Let me see if I can find the blog on the shower chamber for you.
please let me know im really worried about my little guy

Did you see him washing his eye? Maybe you didn't leave him in long enough. You might try again tomorrow. Chameleon should be sleeping by now. Lights should only be on from sun up to sun down. You might have to wash it out with saline soulotion tomorrow. Where do you live in FL? I know allot of chameleon vets in FL.

Here's my blog for how I recommend keeping veiled chameleon's. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-with-young-veiled-or-panther-chameleons.325/

Did you see him washing his eye? Maybe you didn't leave him in long enough. You might try again tomorrow. Chameleon should be sleeping by now. Lights should only be on from sun up to sun down. You might have to wash it out with saline soulotion tomorrow. Where do you live in FL? I know allot of chameleon vets in FL.

Here's my blog for how I recommend keeping veiled chameleon's.
i live in orlando florida and it was hard to see him he was hiding under one of the plants on the plant i put in there and i think he is sleeping and the blog didnt link

Back
Top Bottom