New cham. Is the cage okay?

look closely. I have a tree and many bend a branch ( medium size) like $15 for 3 on Amazon. I have maybe 9 bend a branch ropes (6 shown, added 3 more after seeing where he wanted to go) and some real tree branches. Most of the branches should be high up. They seldom go down. DO NOT get the moss covered one. The water bottle hangs and drips into the plant. Instead of a costly mist I fill the bottle twice and the tiny tiny hole in one side drips.The lid is tied to the wood and I unscrew and fill and put back once or twice, it drips on to a leaf. I don't know that he uses it but it is there if he wants. ( many different DYI on you tube) I spray and have seen him drink a few times. I never spray him directly unless it is hot/warm water on his shedding parts.(to help him shed) . Lights, I have a "bar" light with uvb and planet leds. Tube Bulb lasts a year. Then I have a heat bulb that comes on (timer) at 5am to warm the cage, then bar light and 60 watt bulb in ceramic housing (hardware store) come on at 6:30 am to mimic natural light. Put the heat light and shop bulb on blocks above cage. Mine BURNED his crest because he got right under it. I didn't know to put it up off the screen. Heat bulb turns off at 4pm and rest go off at 7pm. then the natural light from window go down. I think 10pm is too late. I use timers to simulate real life.. Not shown, I add a tall stool and a potted Pothos plant. My cham love loves eating the leaves!! You could hang one in the cage also. I spent hours on you- tube typing in lighting and it was sooo confusing. Then I still managed to get him burned. I have had mine 4 months and fuss over the cage all he time. Now I think it is done. The cricket feeder is my favorite. UVB and calcium power daily are a must for health!! Photo to come good luck and enjoy.

cricket feeder. buy online or DYI
20180517_163752.jpg

I was too. So I looked on You tube a lot and this is what I found to work. Do you see all by photos?
Your chameleon is so cute and I do see the photo but i still dont know where to find a linear fixture because my pet store did not have one of these

You can see the link in the pictures or just search it up i forget how long they last but i know its awhile if someone can tip in on this forum and help thatd be great! Id assume 4-6 months maybe?
Real is better. Plastic is just plastic. I know to you it looks like a plant or a flower but to animals it does not. Potted plant or hanging plant. Or a stool and a small tree. I got a 4 foot "money tree" for $35 Chams like eating leaves sometimes

So what percentage was that bulb. He grew up to be big and strong looking that's what I need
Real is better. Plastic is just plastic. I know to you it looks like a plant or a flower but to animals it does not. Potted plant or hanging plant. Or a stool and a small tree. I got a 4 foot "money tree" for $35 Chams like eating leaves sometimes
Well I do put some kale in there for jic. But I do not have a green thumb. I kill all plants that come into my home.

Well I do put some kale in there for jic. But I do not have a green thumb. I kill all plants that come into my home.
I have a horrible time with plants in my house, but the lights help in the cage. My plants seem fine. The hanging pothos are $9. worth a try. Plants are oxygen and life. Drinking: Sometimes a light mist with hot water(comes out warm) will help. On you tube some have opened their mouths to let water in. You tube had a sports bottle with the turning lid that drips water too. Many ideas for constant dripping water and a bucket under it. Take your time. It will come together.

Where would I find a light fixture for it though. It only has the bulbs

Light your reptiles has the Arcadia bulbs and the fixtures, they are far superior to Reptisun.

If you want to go reptisun thats fine, and you can go 10% (Reptisun comes in 5 and 10) if you go Arcadia go with a 6%, your cage is not big enough for a 12% and not nearly planted enough, a 6% Arcadia is stronger than a Reptisun 10. There is a such thing as too much UVB, which thats fine if they can hide from it, in your cage they cant.

Back
Top Bottom