New cham enclosure update photo after advice..

Bemo

Thanks for the suggestions for my enclosure. A few of you advised me to create more vertical/ladder like vines. I had one extra vine on hand so I made some changes tonight. I still plan to add a bit more in the way of live couple small live plants toward the top. Let me know if the vines are placed properly. Thanks!

BEFORE: View attachment 87662

UPDATE: View attachment 87663

The pictures come up very small but it looks like you have some more climbing room at the top now which is great.

One suggestion would be to watch the backing lamp as it looks like it is just sitting on top of the screen. Make sure that if he was to hang upside down under the light that it isn't too hot that it could cause a burn.

I was worried they were to small, not sure how to make the pics any bigger when uploading. I will just know to zoom in next time.

Thanks for the advice. I have the lights on a special dimmer because I was very worried about him being burned. The dome is places on top but it is deeper than it appears. I have a clasp for the lamp but I couldn't find a good way to position it. I frequently check the temps to make sure it is safe for him.

If your not 100% sure about the temperature right below the light, what I like to do is place my hand, inside the cage under the light where he could hang and see if I can hold it there for a good minute without it getting too hot that I need to move my hand. If you can hold it there without it being too hot for you it should be fine for him if he decides to hang out under it.

If your not 100% sure about the temperature right below the light, what I like to do is place my hand, inside the cage under the light where he could hang and see if I can hold it there for a good minute without it getting too hot that I need to move my hand. If you can hold it there without it being too hot for you it should be fine for him if he decides to hang out under it.

Thats a great, simple way to check. I find it tough to use the infrared gun there, and am never 100% convinced of accuracy, but it makes sense if I can't hold my hand there its too hot.!

Back
Top Bottom