E48035D9-6566-4801-B8FE-BF2B70900988.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 010D7CBD-4D21-4CA1-A1FF-661E9814A862.jpeg
    010D7CBD-4D21-4CA1-A1FF-661E9814A862.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 148
  • B2F7A138-D3B8-4390-9970-4BBF53646BC8.jpeg
    B2F7A138-D3B8-4390-9970-4BBF53646BC8.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 148
Hey petr, I can't remember, have you observed parsonii in the wild? Also I feel like these are solid care sheets for parsonii. My yellow lip seems to do well in warm+humid air, given plenty of air flow

Hey petr, I can't remember, have you observed parsonii in the wild? Also I feel like these are solid care sheets for parsonii. My yellow lip seems to do well in warm+humid air, given plenty of air flow
Yes I have but not that extenaively as some kther soecies. However I have first hand info from other researchers and breeders

Yes I have but not that extenaively as some kther soecies. However I have first hand info from other researchers and breeders

I've heard they tend to be larger in the wild, have you noticed this? Do they ever stop growing or do they get a little larger each year?

I've wondered if Parsons eat more vertebrates in the wild. Not that I'd try to replicate this, but just where I live I could see mine trying for any small bird that comes by. I'd imagine a large wild Parsons would get more birds than we think? Their eating during the summer is crazy, I don't know how a cham would reach 1000g+ only eating tiny pollinators. Just a thought...

I've heard they tend to be larger in the wild, have you noticed this? Do they ever stop growing or do they get a little larger each year?

I've wondered if Parsons eat more vertebrates in the wild. Not that I'd try to replicate this, but just where I live I could see mine trying for any small bird that comes by. I'd imagine a large wild Parsons would get more birds than we think? Their eating during the summer is crazy, I don't know how a cham would reach 1000g+ only eating tiny pollinators. Just a thought...

Come over here to "monitor land" where 50% of diet should be bugs, and the unit weighs 2-10lbs, and is "very" active.

Id like to make a special request for all care sheets. Could we start including average "weight"? There is no way (well without getting bit or the stinkeye) to measure length. But its real easy to weigh the thing and figure out if its under weight or tubby.

Come over here to "monitor land" where 50% of diet should be bugs, and the unit weighs 2-10lbs, and is "very" active.

Lol I'd love to! Do tegus do well on high invert diets?

Something to consider about monitor/tegu though, ground dwelling insects tend to be larger or in higher quantity. Verses up in the canopy where Parsons hang out, mostly beetles and light weight pollinators...and then plenty of birds... if they were eating large hissers regularly I could see, but most of those would be down on the ground.

Lol I'd love to! Do tegus do well on high invert diets?

Something to consider about monitor/tegu though, ground dwelling insects tend to be larger or in higher quantity. Verses up in the canopy where Parsons hang out, mostly beetles and light weight pollinators...and then plenty of birds... if they were eating large hissers regularly I could see, but most of those would be down on the ground.

Tegus do good on a half "meat" diet. The problem is they do not do good on a "high protein" diet. I have not nailed down my diet yet. He was doing good on the "super mix" which was the whole ground chicken, with double the organ meat. Hes not shedding well since i could not get it any more, and had to switch to just the whole ground chicken.

I really should be raising quail and mice, but i just cant look into their little eyes and say " yup you are deemed dinner tonight". Its like when people start marking some of the queen dubia because they are moving into the pet zone.

Tegus do good on a half "meat" diet. The problem is they do not do good on a "high protein" diet. I have not nailed down my diet yet. He was doing good on the "super mix" which was the whole ground chicken, with double the organ meat. Hes not shedding well since i could not get it any more, and had to switch to just the whole ground chicken.

I really should be raising quail and mice, but i just cant look into their little eyes and say " yup you are deemed dinner tonight". Its like when people start marking some of the queen dubia because they are moving into the pet zone.

Wonder if you can replicate that organ meat with some sort of supplements? One thing that makes Savannah monitors sound appealing is they're one of the few large lizards that people think need an almost 100% invert diet. I wouldn't get one still because they haven't been figured out and almost all die way before they should in captivity.

I'm with you on the mice/quail. I was going to raise mourning geckos as feeders and I just don't think I could. If it was a quick death maybe, but getting chewed up alive would be terrible. I feel bad about some of my bugs even. Shipping them out it's like I'm sending them down the green mile lol.

Back
Top Bottom