new camera today, tons of pics

angus310

I just bought my new camera today which I have been dying for, it is a Panasonic DMC-FZ18, a super zoom point and shoot just below DSLR. It will take some time to get it right but here are some first shots.

Last edited:
any help would be great. The pics are just huge. Is there a setting on the camera or maybe photobucket that would actually shrink the pics? I tried to resize on photobucket but it did not work.

Last edited:
i'm sure there is a setting inside your camera for smaller size images. but in the meantime google search for resizing images, and a few web sites will pop up, like this one;

http://www.dosize.com/

just e-mail it to yourself.

any help would be great. The pics are just huge. Is there a setting on the camera or maybe photobucket that would actually shrink the pics? I tried to resize on photobucket but it did not work.

do you have photoshop?
That will be soooo easy to do..

not alot of folks have photoshop, $$$.

you can download a free alternative that, IMO, is better than photoshop. at the very least you will be able to do all the same basic things that photoshop does, like Image-> Scale Image to make it smaller.

www.gimp.org/win32

Let's see if this works. Thanks for the help, if so:

329f518d.jpg

not alot of folks have photoshop, $$$.

you can download a free alternative that, IMO, is better than photoshop. at the very least you will be able to do all the same basic things that photoshop does, like Image-> Scale Image to make it smaller.

www.gimp.org/win32

photoshop elements is more affordable and better for doing "everyday" kind of automated stuff, as well as some creative stuff too.

gimp scares me.

maybe it's the name.

Photo fun........

Looks like you got the resizing issue fixed. What is it we are looking at. Why don't you edit your posts and put captions above them? I like to see names and locales described with pictures. They are too nice looking to be "nameless". Make them famous :)

sorry. This is my one and only ambilobe. I post pics about once every 3 weeks or so. His name is Elvis.

thanks, all. I don't know if he is that big. I have never had a panther before or seen one in person. He is about 7 months old now. When he is pissed he looks huge, all other times just solid.

Back
Top Bottom