New cage

Brokaylacham

Established Member
Okay so I did some working over the weekend and it was recently my birthday so I can now buy a bigger cage since people say I should get a bigger one, I was wondering how big it should be and if anyone knows an exact cage I should buy that'd be fantastic! Heres a pic of my current cage, also Leon is four months old and hes a Panther Ambilobe chameleon.
IMG_1046.JPG

Will need to know your budget? The large atrium Dragonstrand is the best, but very expensive. 24x24x48 is the minimal I'd say

Bigger is better, your current setup, though very well decorated, is far to small, even for a 4 month old panther.

Will need to know your budget? The large atrium Dragonstrand is the best, but very expensive. 24x24x48 is the minimal I'd say
My panther is in 24" right now and I kinda regret I'm having to keep him in there because he clearly has a demand for more space than that.
So from my experience I'd not recommend 24", better get em 36" which isn't that much more expensive (exoterra).

For me it has no use buying a bigger enclosure right now since I'm building a shed where I will DIY the enclosures. My panther will get an enclosure of around 40" x 24" x 50-60" and the possibility to freeroam which he's going to appreciate so much.:)

@Remkon you're right, my one panther was free ranged most of his life, but now that I'm moving he's in the large atrium. Even that seems small for him at times. He's very active and uses the whole thing. My other 2 younger Panthers are in 18x18x36, but are moving to the xl reptibreezes in 2 weeks. They are much more relaxed and have cages filled with plants, so I'm thinking they may do fine in them. I would like more width though, it is extremely underrated. I wanted to suggest the 36", but that is the glass exo terra(not sure if there's any other options out there) and I felt glass might be too difficult for him(being younger, no offense) to manage, especially if not in the correct climate. Do these have drainage holes in the bottom by any chance or do they need pumped out somehow?

@Remkon you're right, my one panther was free ranged most of his life, but now that I'm moving he's in the large atrium. Even that seems small for him at times. He's very active and uses the whole thing. My other 2 younger Panthers are in 18x18x36, but are moving to the xl reptibreezes in 2 weeks. They are much more relaxed and have cages filled with plants, so I'm thinking they may do fine in them. I would like more width though, it is extremely underrated. I wanted to suggest the 36", but that is the glass exo terra(not sure if there's any other options out there) and I felt glass might be too difficult for him(being younger, no offense) to manage, especially if not in the correct climate. Do these have drainage holes in the bottom by any chance or do they need pumped out somehow?
There is a 36" screen exotera... Otherwise it would be a great, but more expensive, option to get 2x 18" exotera, take out one of the sides on each one and connect em together.

Or just get some aluminium screening, some wood and paint and DIY one, it isn't that hard and it saves quite a bit of money.

There is a 36" screen exotera... Otherwise it would be a great, but more expensive, option to get 2x 18" exotera, take out one of the sides on each one and connect em together.

Or just get some aluminium screening, some wood and paint and DIY one, it isn't that hard and it saves quite a bit of money.
I actually priced out building my own out of screening material. Unless you're buying in bulk and building many large cages, the zoo meds are actually cheaper, by a lot. Putting two, or three together to form a Vultron cage...that would be awesome.

No drainage holes. You can drill them out and add bulkheads, or use a "sump like" system. I simply planted the tank, no need to ever drain water, I have to add it for the plants.

Right, you use the false bottom? Have you drilled them before? Thought the bottoms were tempered glass, or is that only on aquariums

Sorry I couldn't reply but I have $75 so far but I'm working towards getting $120 soon,is this good? I could get more.

Back
Top Bottom