New Cage

v3iledchameleon

I have a veiled chameleon approximately 7-9 months old. I want to do a planted cage. My thing is, since he will get bigger I don't want to give him a planted cage and then he will out grow it. His current cage is 16"x16"x30". Is his current cage okay, or should I wait to plant his cage until I get a bigger one?

Also if there are any plants that will do good for beginners and dont require a lot of care (besides the basics) please let me know!

24 x 24 x 48 is the general "go to" size. Bigger is always better, but Chams can be safely raised in slightly smaller enclosures. Think about it this way, in the wild they have the entire forest. That's one extreme. In captivity, even a 24x24x48 is minuscule when compared to this! Also realize not all Chams are the same size. I had a "runt" Veiled. He never got larger than maybe 12-14", not near the 18-24" size stated in the care sheets for the average size of a male. He had as much space in my 18x24x36 terrarium that a 24" cham would have in a 24x24x48 enclosure. It's all relative.

Back
Top Bottom