New cage set up

Ceceblue82

15450838349652646086137805682594.jpg
15450838774408972313034624229035.jpg
Hi all I'm setting my cage up, in anticipation of getting a baby panther chameleon. Wanted to know what you thought of my Branch arrangement. I had a 60 watt bulb in the Basking area but that got up in the 90s, I replaced it with a 40 and it is now hanging at about 85. I'm going to be putting mostly live plants with a few fake Vines

Oh I forgot to mention this is the 16 x 16 by 30 baby cage, I already have a 2 x 2 x 4 cage from Dragon strand waiting for when he gets bigger :)

I love your twisted branch! Looks like you are off to a wonderful start! Your plants are beautiful as well :) I am not certain on temps for a panther as I have a Veiled but others will be able to chime in about that. I have a Dragon Strand on order too. I am anxiously awaiting its arrival lol.

I wouldn’t waste time with a “baby cage”. There’s no reason to start with a small cage. Since you already have the ideal enclosure, spend your resources building that one out. Tons of foliage, branches, heat gradients, UVB exposures, it’s the ideal environment for a baby chameleon. If you want to use the smaller cage, use it for outdoor exposure when appropriate. As far as your arrangement, looks like you’re off to a good start. I use the exo terra vines as well and love them. I used about a dozen(both sizes), and couldn’t be happier with them. Remember that after you place the plants, allow a few months for them to grow in. You’ll be able to make lighting, misting, and temp adjustments during this time too.

Back
Top Bottom