New Cage plans

Marc10edora

Avid Member
I am drawing up some plans for my new cage to house my juvenile female veiled. I decided to ditch the open air idea because it will be too risky. My room can get messy sometimes and it will take forever to find my cham if she gets out...lol.The living space of the cage will be L 40" x W 29.5" x H 48". Please take a look and let me know if this is big enough for an adult female. The background will be made out of foam. All lights will be mounted to the top and on the bottom will be a drain bucket and misting sysem. The bottom of the cage will be lined with a plastic bottom. I found a company that can print images on plastic sheets, metal, foam, etc. I will have them print an image of soil on the ground.

cage.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good to me, wish I was that talented. What's kind of material your using for the caging? (Pvc coated hardware cloth, aluminum, etc)

Why would the front be split up into smaller sections? It is after for veiwing purposes, why obstruct it. Heck, you might aswell have it eopen from the side and keep the clutter on the front down so you have a more pleasent view of it.

Why would the front be split up into smaller sections? It is after for veiwing purposes, why obstruct it.

This was the part that I was trying to decide over. I know it obstructs the veiw but I was worried that I might have trouble with a huge door ex. strength and durability. I'm still considering a full door though. I agree it will look better. As long as I keep the plexiglass wall on the bottom, I can still keep bugs from getting out.

I'm going to build it on top of an old table I have in my room. Basically it is just wood and screen. I still can't decide what kind of screen to put on it. The only kind that I can find at home depot is made out of a fiberglass mesh. Has anyone used this type? What type of screen material does everyone reccomend? I want it to be strong, heat and water resistant. But it also has to be small enough to keep bugs and crickets in. That's the biggest problem I'm running into. It looks good on paper so far. I hope I can make it look good in reality...lol

Here is some updated pics of my progress. i got the cage painted and the rock wall done. Now I have to mount it to the table.

cage02.jpg

cage01.jpg

I use the "pet screen" found at Lowe's. Home Deopot doesn't carry it, or at least I havent' seen it there... Its not fiberglass or aluminum but plastic coated something or another.... I am currently in the design stages for a new cage myself. Although somewhat similiar in design it will be a hexagon shaped unit with rock work in the background but the entire setup will have an aztec myan temple theme going on... will be very interesting... I will post pics or my progess once I begin. I am curious to see the printed material for the bottom of the enclusure. some pics please?

Your rock work looks very very realistic and stylized. I like it way much! What are the two holes at the bottom of the background used for?

I'm holding off on the printing idea for now because it will cost about $160 - $200 for the sign place to make it for me. So I'm going to save up.

Your rock work looks very very realistic and stylized. I like it way much! What are the two holes at the bottom of the background used for?

Thanks, for the comments. The two holes are vents for the humidifier. I was originally going to use warm air humidifier, but started to read posts here that said they produce bacteria faster. Now I'm going to rig the humidifier to blow in mist from the top instead with cool air. I might install computer fans in the bottom to suck out the fog as it settles to the bottom now.

Back
Top Bottom