New cage new problems. Lol

Mace

Alright everyone. About a week ago I decided to upgrade my Chams cage and yesterday I was finally able to get the cage built and put up.
I will add picture of the set up; but as I moved everything from his 18X18 to a 24x24 I soon realized uhh I got a lot of empty space..... lol so yes I am in the works of fixing that. I have already ordered some creeping figs and another Pothos to place in there.

So my problem is these damn temps!! ?

First I have a question, when it states “night temps should be about 60-70 degrees F”, at what time are they expecting this temp?? Lol like when the lights go off it should be between 60-70 because that’s their bedtime? Or like in general our night time temp should be that for them?

Secondly, in the picture I still have the zoomed T8 reptisun with zoomed reptisun 5.0 UVB. Also EXPLAINS the reasoning behind why I put a branch so close to the top like I did in the other cage so that way I ensure he can get to it and not screen climb and perhaps burn himself. Yes I know I need to upgrade to T5 HO and it has already been ordered just waiting on arrival and fingers crossed for a safe and one piece arrival because I was only able to locate ONE company with this ? so yes that one branch way at the top will be removed once I get the T5 HO in and set up.

So now to my next question.. since I’ll be switching him to the T5 5.0 HO I know I will need to change his supplements.
Can someone please help me with that part also?
A470ECA8-BAB2-4D0A-8B7A-6CBF53A4D8A1.jpeg

3C81EB69-894C-42C5-87B6-9285FD557A57.jpeg
6A5268D7-9039-4232-BA69-A2690A2AB9F3.jpeg
317AF014-2E4F-422B-98F3-43D88FD5A529.jpeg

First I have a question, when it states “night temps should be about 60-70 degrees F”, at what time are they expecting this temp?? Lol like when the lights go off it should be between 60-70 because that’s their bedtime? Or like in general our night time temp should be that for them?
The latter. The enclosure can cool down to that range naturally.

So now to my next question.. since I’ll be switching him to the T5 5.0 HO I know I will need to change his supplements.
Can someone please help me with that part also?
Supplements are spelled out in the appropriate Care Sheets in the Resources section. ;)

no changes to suppliments should be needed if the T5 is a 6%/5.0 Just lower the branch to 10-12" and have some all the way down to 18-24". Then you can continue the normal d3 every 2 weeks. If you have a meter (and the cham goes along with the plan) the "change" would be adjust the sunning branch so that UVI is around 3.0, then you could lower the D3 to once a month, or a much lower dosage every 2 weeks. With vet approval you could even stop supplementing with D3 if the vet check is good. Too much UVB+D3= edema. Too little UVB+not enough d3= MBD.

Back
Top Bottom