New Cage for young Veiled; acting strange and falling

That looks like it could be what I found. I'll definitely check again either tonight or tomorrow, I just wanted to leave her alone for a while and for her a chance to lay them all if she could. I will let you know what happens, thanks for the help

Hey, I'm surprised no one has said this yet, but I'm afraid your cham also has MBD. You said she was falling and in those pictures her legs are severely curved, and she's not standing. :(

Yes, my vet mentioned that too. And I'm fairly positive that she has that too. At one point my cricket source stopped dusting them without telling me. How can I help that? :/

Do you dust your crickets?
You can buy all your own dust. :)

You need to dust each feeding with pure calcium and calcium with d3 once a week. You just put them in the plastic baggie and put a bit of powder in the bag and 'shake and bake'.

If your chameleon has MBD and you are not treating it you are contribute uting to her eggs laying issues since mbd is due to a lack of calcium needed for strong bones and egg production and egglaying.

To correct MBD (in addition to exposure to UVB so that the chameleon can produce the D3 it needs, proper gutloading the insects tonensure that the chameleon's food is nutritious, appropriate temperatures to aid in proper digestion thus nutrient absorption) the chameleon needs extra calcium from liquid calcium sandoz or gluconate to raise the blood calcium levels and strengthen the bones.

With the dropping of tiny eggs its important that things get corrected ASAP.

Hey, I'm surprised no one has said this yet, but I'm afraid your cham also has MBD. You said she was falling and in those pictures her legs are severely curved, and she's not standing. :(

No, I don't think so. In the two pics posted the first one does looks like it and I thought so at first too, but I think it is just the way she is sitting. Look at the second pic of her in the bowl, her front leg elblow looks fine.

No, I don't think so. In the two pics posted the first one does looks like it and I thought so at first too, but I think it is just the way she is sitting. Look at the second pic of her in the bowl, her front leg elblow looks fine.
I wasn't calling you out, there was other people that commented first. I was just saying I was surprised no one said it yet, not specifically you. :p

I think its personal opinion on the pictures, to me it looks like she can't stand. Also the owner said multiple times that she was falling out of her branches, which is a sign of MBD.

I wasn't calling you out, there was other people that commented first. I was just saying I was surprised no one said it yet, not specifically you. :p

I think its personal opinion on the pictures, to me it looks like she can't stand. Also the owner said multiple times that she was falling out of her branches, which is a sign of MBD.

I didn't say you were calling me out, so no hard feelings. I do agree in the first pic like I said, but her legs in the second pic are fine. They cannot just magically change. It is the way she is sitting in the first pic that gives them the illusion they ae curved. She might not be able to support herself due to the eggs. Maybe it is uncomfortable for her. And yes, you are right that can be a sign of MBD, she just doesn't have the classic curved limbs.

Hey guys, this morning I noticed she had moved out of the bin and onto a branch. And I dusted some crickets and she finally ate some! And I checked in the bin and found some thing I think could be eggs, but I have no idea because I've never seen any before. These are different than what I found yesterday, they are a little harder and oddly shaped. And when you break these open it's kind of like a potato? I'll try to post some pictures of them. But she doesn't seem to be that much skinner so I'm worried she's not done laying.

image%2B%285%29.jpeg
this is what I found. Eggs or no? They are pretty small but so is she, and it looks like there's a lot more of these in the hole. They aren't very smooth

Back
Top Bottom