New Bully.

Lizardlover

Hey all Im just setting this thread aside now to post some, b/c Im pretty excited, Tommorow at around 7:45 we are heading to Ft Lauderdale airport to pick up our newest addition, Hes and Old English Bull Dog, which is the same as and English just without the health issues associated with them, now my Boston Terrier will have a short faced companion lol.

Danny is he coming from Georgia? We have alot of English Bull Dogs here - alot are related to UGA of the Georgia Bulldogs! Great breed!

Actually he's coming from Boston, my mom fell in love with him after seeing the breeder at one of the ports on a new England cruise, he has BLUE eyes which is really rare in bullys. You'll see 2moro! :D

Just so you are aware, in "Old" English Bulldogs, blue eyes are not "rare", but a trait that is not desired. Blue eyes are a recessive gene that they are trying to breed out. I wish more people would do extensive research before being sold on what "breeders" tell them. Good luck with your "rare" dog.

Very cool Danny, I don't know why they would want to breed out the blue eyes. It think they are sweet looking. Although I'm not sure if the gene causes other genetic uhohs or not. Sometimes that can be the case.

Haley, ease up a lil.

Actually I think blue eyes are OK, but you do not want one blue and one brown according to the breed standard. I have been looking at these guys-there is a well known breeder close to here. They are a pretty new breed, and be careful to not get the ones that are mixes like an English and an American, or an Olde and an English. You do not want the issues that the English Bulldogs bring. I miss mine terribly after having him for 10 years the stubborn stinking thing! Can't wait to see him Danny!

I hate to see people get sold on a dog by a back yard breeder stating certain traits are "rare" when they are not. Blue eyes in a Bulldog is not good nor is it rare. It is totally against the standard of the breed and some of these dogs are deaf. The Olde English Bulldogge and American Bulldog or Miniature are not recognized as purebred by The AKC. These dogs are not the same as a Bulldog. Olde english Bulldogges are sometimes crossed with Pit Bull. These dogs get much larger than an English Bulldog. I am just one that likes to see people breed dogs that have been shown, and have potential in actually improving the animal over all. To each their own though.

old english bulldogs really look nothing like english's

your right in that they do not have the health problems of the English but they are built more like an American bulldog or an APBT

Here is Littlefoot, my OEB
IMG00312-1.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

SS4-Your guy is gorgeous! Man-that just makes me want one even more. Mike the Great Dane needs a rough and tumble friend without his Bulldog.

My friend has 3 english bull dogs (smaller variety, but i'm no dog expert), one is an oldie and blind since 4-5 years but gets around just fine. Fantastic breed, enjoy the new addition.

we met the dog in person in Boston and the lady that breeds them has this dog at 3 MONTHS obeying military commands, its quite impressive. Personally I think the eyes are cure looking and I dont plan on putting it in a show so I dont really care if its "recognized" or not, the breeder explained all of that to us, and the dog does not have any health issues due to its eye color btw.

Just so you are aware, in "Old" English Bulldogs, blue eyes are not "rare", but a trait that is not desired. Blue eyes are a recessive gene that they are trying to breed out. I wish more people would do extensive research before being sold on what "breeders" tell them. Good luck with your "rare" dog.

never said it was a rare dog, I was under the impression that blue eyes were a rarer gene since none of the other pups had them.

someone needs to lighten up.

never said it was a rare dog, I was under the impression that blue eyes were a rarer gene since none of the other pups had them.

someone needs to lighten up.
Just stating true facts. If you choose to not want to be educated about your new dog, that is your choice. Sorry for trying to inform you of facts that concern your new pet. Enjoy your pup.

ETA: Yes, you did state it was rare by the way:
Actually he's coming from Boston, my mom fell in love with him after seeing the breeder at one of the ports on a new England cruise, he has BLUE eyes which is really rare in bullys. You'll see 2moro!

Back
Top Bottom