New BioActive Enclosure has arrived 🥳

tarrynh011

Hi Everyone,

I'm so supper excited to share that my new bioactive vivarium & new enclosure has finally arrived.

It was a Christmas present from my hubby but took a little longer to get done as he had the cabinet made and the delivered to a guy who builds vivs for a living.

I was planning on doing the viv myself but my hubby is the kind of guy he can't do things half heartedly and if he knows what I want he'll make sure I get eactly that! And must be honest I'm grateful for this as I've never build one and I probably would have messed it up🙈

First image is the before (old enclosures), and second is the
new and improved Bio viv!

There are a few teething issues that I will be sorting out I.e. the lighting position is not 100% as well as the misting system is so intense and possibly a bit over board (3 nozzles in each side) and the mist is really intense i think it scares my chams. Also want to add in a few more branches as I feel there aren't enough.

Hope you guys enjoy

Attachments

• 20201116_174412.jpg
    20201116_174412.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 20210110_162604.jpg
    20210110_162604.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 90
Its a kiaat (not sure of spelling) apparently a very hard wood and it has been coated 3 times with a clear coating
Kiaat is closely related to African Padauk (both are species of the Pterocarpus genus), sharing its characteristics of being durable, extremely stable and easy workability. The wood is renowned for its great bug and termite resistance.

Although Kiaat is considerably less dense (than Padauk), it has an impressive strength-to-weight ratio which (combined with its durability) makes it a very versatile, useful wood — suitable for a great variety of applications. Its heartwood color can vary from a light golden brown to a medium brown with a reddish or purplish tint. Grains can be straight, wavy or interlocked; its texture ranges from fine to medium, with a nice natural luster. Kiaat has very good working properties, and turns, glues and finishes well.

I have a T 5 5.0 liniar uvb, as well as a mega ray 70w with the grow light so quite a few lights in there. With the solar meter reading the liniar is so weak. So im glad I have the mega ray which just gives off that little more uvb

Kiaat is closely related to African Padauk (both are species of the Pterocarpus genus), sharing its characteristics of being durable, extremely stable and easy workability. The wood is renowned for its great bug and termite resistance.

Although Kiaat is considerably less dense (than Padauk), it has an impressive strength-to-weight ratio which (combined with its durability) makes it a very versatile, useful wood — suitable for a great variety of applications. Its heartwood color can vary from a light golden brown to a medium brown with a reddish or purplish tint. Grains can be straight, wavy or interlocked; its texture ranges from fine to medium, with a nice natural luster. Kiaat has very good working properties, and turns, glues and finishes well.
Just FYI... When you copy & paste copyrighted material, it's customary (and good form) to put it in a quote box and give an attribution (source). In this case:
https://www.rarewoodsusa.com/product/kiaat/

Back
Top Bottom