new baby veiled eye problem?

If it's cold, I would go with the advice of the others and keep that basking around 80. You know, maybe you have bad bulbs. Try turning off the UVB and see what happens. Perhaps that bulb might be agitating him. Just throwing this out there.

do not add the basking light till about 7 months of age, at that age. their basking temp should be about 78 degrees at that age, and if room temperature doesnt kick it to that, than a low wattage heat incandescent house bulb will do the trick. i do not know what to tell you honestly at this point. im not sure what time it is where you are, but if his lights are supposed to be off, then let him sleep. i would only use saline eye drops or turtle eye drops, but only if for sure nessesary. please try and post some good pics of the eye if possible

also, check out my 2 blogs about veiled care.

My cham is doing fine, but I read this thread and found a qustion I have, You said they dont need a basking bulb until they are 7 months old. My male veiled is about 5 weeks old, so should I just have the uvb set up, no basking bulb???

My cham is doing fine, but I read this thread and found a qustion I have, You said they dont need a basking bulb until they are 7 months old. My male veiled is about 5 weeks old, so should I just have the uvb set up, no basking bulb???

The choice to use or not use a basking bulb really depends on what your room temps are, and what you cage temps are, and this depends on a variety of factors. So, saying they do not need a basking bulb until they are 7 months old as a blanket statement is incorrect. You should have a basking spot of 80 degrees. If your UVB alone is making it that temp where your baby can bask, then you are good to go. If not, you need a separate basking bulb-and calibrate until you have a basking spot of 80.

The choice to use or not use a basking bulb really depends on what your room temps are, and what you cage temps are, and this depends on a variety of factors. So, saying they do not need a basking bulb until they are 7 months old as a blanket statement is incorrect. You should have a basking spot of 80 degrees. If your UVB alone is making it that temp where your baby can bask, then you are good to go. If not, you need a separate basking bulb-and calibrate until you have a basking spot of 80.

Ok thank you! Then I am fine using my uvb and basking bulbs. between the two of them the cage temp sits around 83ish.

Back
Top Bottom