New baby veiled 2nd day home still wont eat!

Boynoplay

Just picked up a veiled yesterday from the toronto reptile expo. Brought zion home he was a little shy and nervous but he did come out a few times here and there. I just cannot get him to eat! Ive fed him water np with a syringe he drinks it when he wants. But no food! The crickets are 1/4 inch and hes about 2-3 inches big. Im he seems not interrsted when he sees it or goes around it. Maybe the food is too deep?

D50E322A-3B40-4587-B831-9E52E905B7C0.jpeg
9EA8BCF9-EDCF-43F8-8D82-A416221288C7.jpeg
D41CA5DF-C387-4928-953F-01844C067696.jpeg
B24B3BE7-8C91-4437-BB55-E0E4378F39BE.jpeg
394B84A1-023D-4724-A3C3-15F879453708.jpeg

Is that supplements in that feeder container? If so......you dust the insects lightly and the greens you gutload the bugs with.. go read the resources pages

Relax and give them time to settle in. Some take longer than others. Are you sure its a he? your basking branch looks to high

Yes im sure he has the spurs. basking spots are good, oh you mean the background ya he does climb on there sometimes but the temps are not exceeding 95 up there is that still not ok?

Is that supplements in that feeder container? If so......you dust the insects lightly and the greens you gutload the bugs with.. go read the resources pages

Yeah it was my first time i def will clean it up and not make that mistake again. and i know about gutloading i just wanted to put some greens for him to have options cuz i saw him trying to nibble and not eating crickets.

What are you giving water via a syringe? This is not natural for them.

If you want additional feedback fill out this form. copy paste it into this thread and we will check your husbandry to see if there is anything you should be aware of. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Ive seen ppl doing it online to make sure they are hydrated he still drinks off leaves and such but im not forcing him water ill use it as a portable dripper if he wants he takes some.

Ive seen ppl doing it online to make sure they are hydrated he still drinks off leaves and such but im not forcing him water ill use it as a portable dripper if he wants he takes some.
We only syringe hydrate when the chameleon is to weak to do it on there own. You don’t want to risk it going down the wrong tube

I'd be worried about the rope too. This can cause nails getting caught and being lost leading to an infection. Would you be up to filling out our forums "help form"? This can help us help you more.

Back
Top Bottom