New Baby Panther set up!

steviejcsc

Hey everyone!
So I have started building my baby panther set up. So that by the time I get the permit I will be all set to put a little cham in the cage!

The cage is a 16x16x30 reptibreeze (I believe) aluminum cage.
cage 1.jpg cage 2.jpg cage 3.jpg

I am ordering a 18 inch 5.0 floresent and a new hood.
Also I am running a 50w sun glo heat bulb, but it seems to only be cranking out about a temp of 83-85 or so... Is this ok for a baby panther? or should it be a bit warmer?
Also I would like to do a feeder cup... where should I put it so it does not flood with water when it mists?

Also going to buy a plant to put in, maybe two, and a water tray and drainage build to go along with a mist king I will be ordering this weekend.
As well as plexi on the back wall and left side wall, to hold humidity in my very dry new england home, and contain the water mist!
Let me know suggestions!
Thanks everyone!

Nice setup. Just get those live plants in like you said you would, and it will be perfect. I cant wait to see the cage complete with all the live plants in:)

The feeder cup can be anywhere near the top because that's where chameleons mostly stay. When you mist just try not to mist the cup or just put the cup with bugs in after your done misting.

Yeah...Always feed after misting weather useing a cup or not, you dont want to wash off the calcium or what ever supliment you use on that day. also wait a few minutes after misting to give them a chance to lick at the water befor being distracted by food.

I was under the impression the heat might be to low?! I thought they liked heat closer to the 90 degree mark, in the basking spot?

Baby panther temps should be around 80-83 in the basking and a 5.0 will be fine. If it's an older animal (not a 3-4 month old baby) 83-85 is fine.

For a baby you should be able to get the required 80 to 83 temps with a 40 Watt. Test it out.

What type of panther are you getting? When you say permit.....what do you mean?

Back
Top Bottom