new baby panther not finding his food?

xxaprilrose

Established Member
I feel like a failure already. I got my new male panther chameleon on Wednesday. That day, I fed him some silkworms and crickets and overall he ate about 5 in total. Thursday, I placed crickets in his cup as im trying to get him cup fed but he didnt touch it or even find it? its out in the open and easy to see inside it though... but anyways I then took some crickets out of the cup and just placed on a branch and he ate about 3. I tried again later that day same way but crickets got away too fast for him to grab it and I have no idea where they went. Yesterday, I didnt see him eat anything. I tried to give him silkworms and i placed them on a very large leaf thats out in the open and i monitored it for the entire day and I think MAYBE he ate them? or they crawled off but if he ate them then it was about 5. He didnt touch any crickets in the cup. Today I placed about 15 small crickets in the cup and showed him the food, he didnt want anything to do with it. I put cup where it should be, walked away and came back in about 40 mins and all still there. I then tried to grab some crickets, about 6 and placed them on a branch he was near but every single cricket jumped off and no idea where they went... so Idk what to do. I know that we shouldnt worry about them being like this when we first get them but when is it like really bad that hes not getting food in him? a week? Full throttle feeders shipping times are about 2 weeks right now so I found a similar type thing from etsy and that should be here within the week that i'll try but in the meantime I dont know what to do

You should try tk chameleons shooting gallery

Attachments

• 5F791231-75A0-46BA-84DA-67C53D435616.png
    5F791231-75A0-46BA-84DA-67C53D435616.png
    438.4 KB · Views: 83
I feel like a failure already. I got my new male panther chameleon on Wednesday. That day, I fed him some silkworms and crickets and overall he ate about 5 in total. Thursday, I placed crickets in his cup as im trying to get him cup fed but he didnt touch it or even find it? its out in the open and easy to see inside it though... but anyways I then took some crickets out of the cup and just placed on a branch and he ate about 3. I tried again later that day same way but crickets got away too fast for him to grab it and I have no idea where they went. Yesterday, I didnt see him eat anything. I tried to give him silkworms and i placed them on a very large leaf thats out in the open and i monitored it for the entire day and I think MAYBE he ate them? or they crawled off but if he ate them then it was about 5. He didnt touch any crickets in the cup. Today I placed about 15 small crickets in the cup and showed him the food, he didnt want anything to do with it. I put cup where it should be, walked away and came back in about 40 mins and all still there. I then tried to grab some crickets, about 6 and placed them on a branch he was near but every single cricket jumped off and no idea where they went... so Idk what to do. I know that we shouldnt worry about them being like this when we first get them but when is it like really bad that hes not getting food in him? a week? Full throttle feeders shipping times are about 2 weeks right now so I found a similar type thing from etsy and that should be here within the week that i'll try but in the meantime I dont know what to do
My 2 cents worth is this:

A new Cham might take some time to feel confident enough to feed regularly. I have had excellent results getting all chams on cup feeding by putting a popsicle stick or skewer in the cup so that the feeders can climb out and be more visible. Eventually, the chams get used to focusing on their cups, and you can dispense with the stick. A feeder run operates on the same principle, and they work for lots of folks. I just find them big, and prefer a small cup.

Back
Top Bottom