New baby not eating

Hi! I just got a new 2 month old nosy be panther cham. just got him yesterday and he will not eat. Ive tried pinhead crickets, flightless fruit flys and some tiny mealworms. He just is choosing a spot to sit in and laying there with his eyes closed. i also found some poop and it’s super runny-i’ll attach photos of him and the feces.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

the white powder is from dusted crickets

You may want to contact the breeder....he looks rough. Eyes closed is bad and I can't tell but there looks like a wound or issue at the base of the tail. What was the advertised age? Looks way too small to be sold.

the advertised age was 1-3 months old. the thing at the base of tail isn’t a wound-it’s a little patch of blue coloring. as i said he just arrived yesterday so i wonder if he’s just stressed and dehydrated from the trip. I have already contacted the breeder and they thought he was just dehydrated.

I don't think his issues have anything to do with shipping... 1-3 mo. Is just simply too early to sell a chameleon and CB has been a culprit of this in the past.

You need to work with CB and tell them they aren't living up to their 7 day health guarantee... A healthy chameleon doesn't close it's eyes. Definitely an issue/injury with tail base also.

So, the vet says that it’s the smallest chameleon she’s ever seen and that he is way too small to have been released to us. She says he looks to be fresh out of the egg. He’s going to have to stay in the hospital and only has a 20% chance of survival. cb reptiles is so irresponsible.

I'm so sorry...he looks absolutely despondent in the photos. And I agree he looks to have injuries on his skin too. CB is not a reputable seller. No one who sells chameleons this young is...poor baby. You are wonderful for bringing him to the vet.

Back
Top Bottom