New Baby Melleri

Put in a feeder cup today at lunch. She found it about 30 minutes later and sat on the rim for about an hour. She took down 5 crickets in the hour.

Crazy how much she is eating. I bet she has consumed a forth of her boast weight over the past 2 days.

IMG_2459.PNG

Awesome! Did he eat any of the dubia?
No he only ate some crickets today. I bought some flies from mantisplace.com and hopefully those will be enticing and I have hornworms coming too.
Mine has been very curious too
I never know where he's going to be when I go to look for him and it always scares me for a second when I can't immediately find him.

I took weight and measurements from Friday. Here is the growth and food intake from the 1st week in my care.

Weighted 3.66 g when I got her on 11-4-16
Weighted 4.52 g on Friday 11-11-16 (growth of almost 1 gram in 7 days)

Here is what she ate last week:

11-4 - 4 crickets and a silkworm
11-5 - 7 crickets
11-6 - 2 crickets and a silkworm
11-7 - 3 crickets
11-8 - 4 dubias
11-9 - 4 dubias and a silkworm
11-10 - 4 crickets
11-11 - 2 crickets and a silkworm

Most of the above was dusted with Calcium.

She might have has some strays to go along with these during the evening hours. She at least had the above.

Ugh. Mine is holding steady at 3gm. Refused dubia, hornworms, BSFL, and only ate 3 crickets in my presence. I finally got house flies to hatch and he's been eating 6 to 8 of them a day since. Drinks well. I'm misting 8 minutes 3x day

That is strange. Mine took down most of the dubias walking through the enclosure rather than in the feeder cup. Good luck.

14 Weeks - Taking down silkworms, crickets, and baby dubias daily. No signs of shed yet, but I have a feeling it is close. 4.94 g That's a growth of 1.3 g in the 2 weeks I've had her.

Behavior notes:
1. Sleeps on same limb every night
2. Not a big fan of the misting system. Will drink daily but does not soak in mist like my adult does
3. Eats a lot!

14Weeks.jpg

Funny. Mine is so different. Up to 4gm but still only eats crickets. No shed yet but I think it's close. Sleeps anywhere but has a few favorite spots. Loves the mister. Practically runs to it every time it comes on. 8 mins 3x day

14 Weeks - Taking down silkworms, crickets, and baby dubias daily. No signs of shed yet, but I have a feeling it is close. 4.94 g That's a growth of 1.3 g in the 2 weeks I've had her.

Behavior notes:
1. Sleeps on same limb every night
2. Not a big fan of the misting system. Will drink daily but does not soak in mist like my adult does
3. Eats a lot!

View attachment 170459

Makes me incredibly happy Kevin!!!

Shed.JPG

Well she finally had her first shed in my care yesterday. She will be 16 months old tomorrow. She is starting to drink a lot more (or at least I am catching her) over the past week. She took down 5 XS dubias yesterday and has eaten 6 1/4th inch crickets dusted with Calcium today. I think she is setting up to go through a major growth spurt.

Thanks for browsing.

Back
Top Bottom