New Baby Melleri

scchameleon

So this morning my baby Melleri arrived in great shape. Joel had a professional reptile shipping company ship her with her history, feeding schedule, and supplement schedule all enclosed.

She weighted 3.66 g

She is 5" from snout to tip of tail.

I'm referencing her as a she because I REALLY need her to be a her for my 2 year old male, Taco!

I let her get used to her cage for about an hour and then offered her some 1/4" dusted crickets with Calcium. She took 4 of them down in a 30 min. span.

I have her housed in an XL enclosure turned sideways 4' wide, 2' deep and 2' tall. Just one plant for now. Going to fill in with plants once she gets settled in and I have monitored her eating consistently.

She will get misted automatically 3 times a day for 15 mins a mist.

Feeding and supplements will follow Joel's schedule that he has had her own sense hatch.

I hope to keep this thread as an online journal of her growth and health report for reference since there are few CB Melleri examples out there.

Thank you Joel - (y)

Here are a couple of pictures.

MelleriBaby1.jpg
MelleriBaby2.jpg

Great Kevin! I am glad the little one arrived safe and sound.

It's always bittersweet sending out your babies to their new homes. But, I have seen the way you care for Taco, so I knew it was a good choice!!

I have mine in a small reptibreeze but I have an extra XL. I like the idea of turning it on its side. What are you going to keep it in as an adult. I'm using a parrot cage

I am hoping to make another enclosure out of PVC and plastic fence material. I am hoping to house Taco and my new little girl together. She just took down a silkworm. I havent taken my eyes off of her all day! I cant imagine having 41 to care for. I have a new found respect for @jpowell86 !

I am hoping to make another enclosure out of PVC and plastic fence material. I am hoping to house Taco and my new little girl together. She just took down a silkworm. I havent taken my eyes off of her all day! I cant imagine having 41 to care for. I have a new found respect for @jpowell86 !
Mine hasn't eaten yet but was eyeballing the cup. Mel weighs 3gm and I've been sitting on the floor watching him all day

Glad to hear that she ate a silkworm!

Funny things is, counting the babies, I have been taking care of about 110 chameleons for the last 3 months. But I can't raise a silkworm to save my life. I don't know why I do so poorly with them. I have tried numerous times and have successfully killed them all.

I have a feeling that they will take just about anything that moves. I have found that, like the adults, they love anything that flies.

Last edited:
Awww you lucky lucky peeps, they are so darn cute, congrats on your babies. I am so envious!
When do I get mine Joel? ;)

Congratulations on your little one.. curious how you know what sex it is? Is it a little to young to tell?:unsure:

Congratulations on your little one.. curious how you know what sex it is? Is it a little to young to tell?:unsure:

I don't guarantee sex on any of my baby melleri. Even when they are adults most people can't tell. I have had some melleri that I have had to take to my vet to sex by diagnostic testing. Some I can tell just by looking at them. With the babies, I make guesses based on traits that I have found to be fairly consistent with both sexes.

I don't guarantee sex on any of my baby melleri. Even when they are adults most people can't tell. I have had some melleri that I have had to take to my vet to sex by diagnostic testing. Some I can tell just by looking at them. With the babies, I make guesses based on traits that I have found to be fairly consistent with both sexes.

Damn Joel... I think you found the Holy Grail and you just don't want to share.o_O..Lol...:LOL::LOL:.

Glad to hear that she ate a silkworm!

I have a feeling that they will take just about anything that moves. I have found that, like the adults, they love anything that flies.

Funny happening from today in regards to feeding. She took down 4 crickets and later a nice sized silkworm. When I put in a small dubia she started to bob and shake like crazy. It was cute!

Back
Top Bottom