New at this.... just want some feedback...

Pepito2011

ok so i just bought pepito tues from the pet store and i had a few issues with humidity it was stuck at 45% but thats all resolved. now he is shedding and it look a little bit funny just want to know that i am doing all that i can to help him. i increased the humidity to about 65-70% and incresed his mistings. tell me if his shedding looks right and if there is anything else i can do to help him. i would guess he is about 2months old his is about 3" let me kno if i am wrong on that. just so i can get that guesstamate of age. thanks!

Attachments

• pepito.jpg
    pepito.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 161
  • pepito2.jpg
    pepito2.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 123
I love the look on his face in the first picture. Maybe more help could be offered if you fill out the form below. Where in Wisconsin do you live?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful

more info...

pepito is male, found his spurs!! he is i am guessing around 2months(approx. 3inches) i bought him this past tuesday at petco so a few days i have had him. the terranium is 18x18x24inches its an all glas enclousure with a wire top. i have a humidifier, its reading at aprox 60% at the moment but never is lower than 55%. there are all fake plants. and have all the lighting required 5.0 uvb and a basking bulb. temp is normally at about 75degrees and basking is about 80-85 degrees. at night gets no colder than 70. feding him crickets that are gutloaded with cricket food and i sprinkle calcium on the crickets at feedings.
i am just worried the shedding doesnt look so right and i wanna kno other things to do that can help him along i posted the pictures that you can see him shedding in the first post.

ok so i just bought pepito tues from the pet store and i had a few issues with humidity it was stuck at 45% but thats all resolved. now he is shedding and it look a little bit funny just want to know that i am doing all that i can to help him. i increased the humidity to about 65-70% and incresed his mistings. tell me if his shedding looks right and if there is anything else i can do to help him. i would guess he is about 2months old his is about 3" let me kno if i am wrong on that. just so i can get that guesstamate of age. thanks!

the second pic looks like he has legwarmers on

shedding...

yea the 2nd pic does look like that lol. but i am not to worried about his shedding anymore, he is done already!! its only been a day! i thought it took longer than that!! i noticed it on his feet yesterday, then the pics were taken around noon, and its all off now and he has no sign of any left on his body. thats not bad that he shed that fast is it?

pepito is male, found his spurs!! he is i am guessing around 2months(approx. 3inches) i bought him this past tuesday at petco so a few days i have had him. the terranium is 18x18x24inches its an all glas enclousure with a wire top. i have a humidifier, its reading at aprox 60% at the moment but never is lower than 55%. there are all fake plants. and have all the lighting required 5.0 uvb and a basking bulb. temp is normally at about 75degrees and basking is about 80-85 degrees. at night gets no colder than 70. feding him crickets that are gutloaded with cricket food and i sprinkle calcium on the crickets at feedings.
i am just worried the shedding doesnt look so right and i wanna kno other things to do that can help him along i posted the pictures that you can see him shedding in the first post.

If he is in an all glass enclosure i would really keep an eye on the temps. Glass can heat up fast and a baby can't take high temps to start with.

glass enclousure

yea i know that know after i spent 200 on the terranium, but i have been keeping a very close eye on the temps and they never go less than 70 and never more than 85 at thats in his basking area. so no worries there. tax time next year my husband wants to get a bearded dragon so ima buy a screen enclousure for pepito and give him the glass for the dragon. so by next year this time he will have his screen but till then i have kept a log on the temps 4 times out of the day and they have never dropped to low or raised to high. so question he is about 3" would you say he is about 2 months? thats my guess or you think he is younger or older than that??

Save up, your glass terrarium wont be much good for a dragon beyond a few months.
Age can be tricky, a guesstimate will be as good as you get. no older than 3 months Id say.
Cute Cham :)

not dragon then what??

ok so tank is 18x18x24inches what would you sugest after pepito gets his screened terranium? frogs maybe? but i want more lizards....what ones stay small? anoles?

Get a crested gecko. Its fun to watch them hunt crickets, but they can live on Crested Gecko Diet alone.

@ Jann

Thanks! helped alot! and espessially since petco or petsmart doesnt have calcium without d3!! I was going nuts looking for it! now i found it and really cheap at that!!

crested gecko...

Hmm... sounds like fun! i was also contemplated getting the colorful frogs but i am not to familular with frogs, how challanging are they to take care of does anyone know? otherwise a crested gecko i think it is. instead of buying a new cage for lil pepito i was thinking about making one or having a friend that does woodworking make one.... hmmm just an idea. also in the glass terranium i have now there is the styrofoam "rock" wall on the back glass and it has like tube holes going from the floor and up the back to holes at the top back wall of the terranium, the holes can close (thank goodness) because my crickets were climbing behind the wall where pepito cannot see or access them how can i prevent this? what is safe that i can stick in the passage way that they cannot access the back. the creepy lil buggers are too smart 90% of them hide there and its kinda freaky!!

Back
Top Bottom