New Ambilobe Panther

Bowmancj85

Just picked up this little guy in Maryland yesterday from a great vendor. Very knowledgable. Purchased from East Coast Chameleons.

The Jackson in the back is no longer with us and was passed along to a friend.

3 months old and already showing some very nice reds.
Will post some pictures of his coloring when he allows it..:cool:

IMG_2505_zps2aebe27f.jpg

IMG_2507_zps7fc9c69e.jpg

Currently housed in a 18x18x24 Exo Terra Terrarium. Have the lighting hood with the following lights and wanted some feedback that everything is correct. I Have a fogging system to help keep the humidity up, mist 5-6 times a day and have a dripper consistently going. Have a couple of small live plants that where just purchased to also help the situation. Humidity rises up to about 80-87 after misting and fogger and drops down to about 50 and holds then up and down throughout the day. The temp about an inch below the basking branch is about 78.7 so a little higher in his basking spot.

This is all temporary until the Dragonstrand cage arrives and a new mist king misting system. May also upgrade the lighting as needed and upon what the wife agrees to and likes.

Lighting:
UVB 5.0 Bulb
Reptisun50uvb_zps909a5036.jpg

Exo Terra Heating Bulb 25w
DaytimeHeatLamp25w_zps9120dc26.jpg

Thanks for all the info, help and feedback.

Me personally, I like the basking temp higher closer to 90. You will not get that with a 25 watt. That is just my opinion. I think 80 is low, but everyone has their own way of doing things.

Nice looking cham! I was also at the Harve De Grace Reptile Show in Maryland yesterday. I swapped my supposed female blue bar for a male red bar! :)

Just wondering how normal it is for a 3 month to use his tongue this way. When do they actually start shooting here tongue? Eating healthy, crickets are dusted consistently. He won't eat unless he can catch it with his mouth essentially. Thanks for the info. I only had a medium sized Jackson that ate since day one.

He has been doing this for the past six days that I have had him, he essentially won't eat unless he can walk up to the cricket and chew it. Trying to get a hold of the seller and see what he says. This is not a transition thing. Something is wrong.

https://vimeo.com/116937256

Back
Top Bottom