New Ambanja Chameleon [3mo] :)

chamacro

New Male Ambanja Chameleon Arrived!! :) - Pictures

Super Excited!
=) Just received my little guy this morning. I purchased from FLCham, and was a little upset in how much "cushion" they provided in the little cup..not much at all.. A tear off of a paper towel and thats it.. (I have a video I'll post later).

He was really dark and stressed until he climbed into his environment immediately.

He is a Purple Bar Ambanja Panther. I've attached a pic of his smaller enclosure (18x18x36). I purchased the 24x24x48 for when he gets bigger.

Enclosure%25201.jpeg

I've put a couple crickets in there and he doesn't seem to be interested yet... Guess we'll see.

I can tell he's already got some beautiful markings. :)
cham.png

Last edited:
awesome looking guy, awesome enclosure too! What plants are those, and what kind of background did you use (ive made my own in the past out of foam, just wondering)

Welcome to the forums!

First off i have to say beautiful pictures!! Love the enclosure and love the cham!

I'm Dan, i'm fairly new to the chameleon scene, however i love to help and am constantly doing research!

Feel free to contact me if you need help or just want to chat about reptiles and such. My girlfriend Lauren ( andallthatjazz ) is on here as well, so feel free to find her also.

Great looking pictures and we'll be looking forward to seeing more and more of you around here as well as your chameleon!

awesome looking guy, awesome enclosure too! What plants are those, and what kind of background did you use (ive made my own in the past out of foam, just wondering)

:) Thanks!! The plant at the bottom is a Pothos. the rest are artificial, some from zoomed some from a craft store. I just wired most of them to the edges of the screened cage!

As for the background I bought a fitted one from amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Rocks-30-Inch-Aquarium-Background/dp/B005GZ1X5A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330020958&sr=8-1

Welcome to the forums!

First off i have to say beautiful pictures!! Love the enclosure and love the cham!

I'm Dan, i'm fairly new to the chameleon scene, however i love to help and am constantly doing research!

Feel free to contact me if you need help or just want to chat about reptiles and such. My girlfriend Lauren ( andallthatjazz ) is on here as well, so feel free to find her also.

Great looking pictures and we'll be looking forward to seeing more and more of you around here as well as your chameleon!

Aww! Thanks! :) I will definitely be around here for help I'm sure.. lol

a little upset in how much "cushion" they provided in the little cup..not much at all.. A tear off of a paper towel and thats it..

I understand your concern. I have had a Cham shipped in a deli cup with paper towel and another in a canvas snake bag. I'm not sure which i would rather, but they both arrived just fine.

With the deli cup with not enough padding i assume you risk the Cham getting banged around during shipping. With the snake bag i was concerned with suffocation.

Maybe some of the breeders that ship a lot can shed some light and put some of our concerns to rest. I'm glad he is ok and the enclosure looks good.

I understand your concern. I have had a Cham shipped in a deli cup with paper towel and another in a canvas snake bag. I'm not sure which i would rather, but they both arrived just fine.

With the deli cup with not enough padding i assume you risk the Cham getting banged around during shipping. With the snake bag i was concerned with suffocation.

Maybe some of the breeders that ship a lot can shed some light and put some of our concerns to rest. I'm glad he is ok and the enclosure looks good.

Wow a snake bag??? thats crazy. Yea he seems to be doing much better. His colors have lightened up so much since he's in his home now. I'll post the video in a little bit of the un-boxing. You should see him scramble out of that cup haha.

Wow a snake bag??? thats crazy. Yea he seems to be doing much better. His colors have lightened up so much since he's in his home now. I'll post the video in a little bit of the un-boxing. You should see him scramble out of that cup haha.

Actually the snakebag way isn't as bad as it sounds, it was bedded in shredded paper and seemed well padded if the box the Cham is in was to ever take a decent fall.

Actually the snakebag way isn't as bad as it sounds, it was bedded in shredded paper and seemed well padded if the box the Cham is in was to ever take a decent fall.

You're probably right.. probably much more support and give in shredded paper than a plastic deli cup. I felt so sorry for him :( Glad yours are okay though! :)

You're probably right.. probably much more support and give in shredded paper than a plastic deli cup. I felt so sorry for him :( Glad yours are okay though! :)

Yea, But FlChams have been breeding and shipping Chams for quite some time from what i can see on the forums. Im sure they didn't mean any harm and im sure your Cham will be just fine. A lotttt of breeders ship the deli-cup way without issue. (just gotta give the little Cham enough material to hold on to during the ride.

This is a pic of my Deli-Cup guy when he arrived.
cup.jpg

Small chams around 3 mos to maybe 5 mos are shipped in containers normally.
Larger chams over 6 mos are shipped in snake bags. I use both methods and both are safe. Size determines which method is used.

First I would like to say congratulations you your new cham! your enclosure is beautiful
Amazing how well they can tolerate shipping. I've had them shipped to me from different places and they were all packed differently... but they have all arrived safe and sound.

Back
Top Bottom