Neville likes the spray bottle?

Zeyna04

So, Neville is definitely hydrated to my knowledge. His urate is always white. But the last few days when I spray his enclosure he comes up to the bottle like he wants to drink directly from it. He doesn’t come directly in range of the water but always just beside it and he tried tilting his head under it today and opening his mouth slightly like he wanted to drink. But I’m not going to spray him directly. But does anyone know why he might be doing this? Thank you

There is 2 sides to this argument. One is you can never have too much water, and if he wants to drink, let him drink. Other other side is all chams are in "must drink now, because i might not get another chance for days" and can over hydrate which can cause electrolyte imbalances.

I have never had a problem with over drinking, and i have never see a post (other than from the field techs saying its possible) of a drinking problem.

So my opinion is let him drink for 10-15 seconds, if he had a mister he would get an opportunity every few hours. Hell if you put some of my beardies in the tub, they would put the whole head underwater and go to town for 30 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom