Never received a product you paid for?

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
This is not chameleon related, but we ordered something months back that said expect delays for several weeks. Months have gone by and it seems like others are having this issue as well. The person messaged us on facebook a couple of weeks ago and said they were going to have it out in the next couple days. Now they haven't responded in a week or so. I was reading that you can file a complaint with your credit card company, but it's usually within 60 days(which we're passed). Anyone know about situations like these?

This is not chameleon related, but we ordered something months back that said expect delays for several weeks. Months have gone by and it seems like others are having this issue as well. The person messaged us on facebook a couple of weeks ago and said they were going to have it out in the next couple days. Now they haven't responded in a week or so. I was reading that you can file a complaint with your credit card company, but it's usually within 60 days(which we're passed). Anyone know about situations like these?
I've dealt with this a few times, and what it really boils down to is - is the person's business licensed, and how did you pay them? If they're licensed, check to see if they're registered with Better Business Bureau. You can also threaten to take them to small claims court, depending on the state/county you live in. Even though it's within 60 days, it's worth a shot to call the credit card company and/or the bank and explain the situation to see if they have any loopholes. Sometimes just asking to speak to a few different people can get you somewhere. So sorry you're dealing with this! Send me a message if you want to chat about it more.

Most likely you were scammed but I’m not 100%...what was the place your purchased from? I don’t know much but from what I know you can still try filing a complaint with your credit card company, you must let them know about all the delays and have evidence of the date it was supposed to arrive, most times they will be generous and extend the time period. How were you charged? If you used a debit card then this may not work. The seller should email you if there is another delay or you can ask them to cancel the order with a full refund for free, (if you don’t want to wait anymore try doing this now). If the seller was the card issuer they must credit your account within one billing cycle after the order is canceled. They should’ve given you a more expectant answer than “a couple of days” because a couple of days can mean different things to different people. I’d try emailing first, if you have every piece of evidence on the order that’s even better. If anything else pops into my head that I know I’ll let you know. I’m tired so my mind isn’t working well right now lol. I think since a lot of people are experiencing it, it is probably a scam or the person really is having horrible delays but they should let you know every time. The time period is very off which is why I’m leading towards scam. I’ll look into some more legal stuff and let you know, you may be able to take some more legal steps it depends. I’m so sorry this happened to you hopefully it’ll resolve soon!
Edit: Also try mentioning that it’s happening to other as well (give evidence)

Sample email
[Date]
[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[Your City, State, Zip Code]
[Your Account Number]
[Name of Creditor]
[Billing Inquiries]
[Address]
[City, State, Zip Code]

Dear Sir or Madam:
I am writing to dispute a billing error in the amount of [ $______] on my account. The amount is inaccurate because[describe the problem]. I am requesting that the error be corrected, that any finance and other charges related to the disputed amount be credited as well, and that I receive an accurate statement.
Enclosed are copies of [use this sentence to describe any information you are enclosing, like sales slips or payment records] supporting my position. Please investigate this matter and correct the billing error as soon as possible.
Sincerely,
[Your name]
Enclosures: [List the enclosures]

First of all thank you so much for the info! I was digging into it more and it seems like the owners were a woman and her husband. I think her husband may have died or had medical issues. I saw some people talking about some sort of tragedy, but wasn't sure what exactly happened. This was a while ago, and I'm a patient and understanding person, my problem is with the not replying. That's what got me fired up, I asked her if I can have a refund because I'd hate to take it any further(like claiming with my card company I never received the product). I don't want to throw the company out there just yet, but I'll say it was something for our cat lol. We ordered one in the past and got it. They were highly reputable for a while and then this past year something must have happened. I don't think it's a scam as much as I think it's a 'I have problems so everyone can wait' situation. My feeling from their FB(and many other's in the Facebook group) is they come from money/married into it and don't realize some people actually have to work hard for every dollar they make. Even some people on the group were saying it's no big deal, let it go, etc. I can sympathize with people and have no problem waiting given some communication, but when you're accepting people's money and not replying, while still crying about politics on facebook every day then that's a problem.

Back
Top Bottom