Neurological?

I am willing to bet this is directly related to incorrect supplementation and UVB lighting. His shaking is what they will do with MBD as well. They have to have the correct calcium for muscle function. Without it they can have tremors. So that is why you will see this a lot with MBD due to them not having correct UVB and or supplementation.

I would not have him out moving around like that. The tremors and him not knowing what he is actually grabbing is dangerous. I would keep him in his enclosure. But the enclosure has to be set up correctly with a lot of branches that include horizontals. He needs to have multiple grip areas so if he does lose his balance he is able to catch himself.

I know you said you are using the correct UVB and supplements but I highly recommend we review this as well. But with big box stores they almost always have incorrect UVB lighting and almost always only supplement with calcium with D3. This can further MBD as well and cause D3 toxicity. This is why it is so important to ensure your lighting and distance is correct and your supplementation is on point.
Yeah so I’ve had him for two weeks so all the time he was at the pet store he wasn’t getting the right stuff so I’ll give it some time. I returned him so they would take him to the vet and they said that he is just having a hard time transitioning homes. They also said he is dehydrated and needed more calcium. That was this past Saturday so I’ve been doing all that and making sure he is getting hydration

I am willing to bet this is directly related to incorrect supplementation and UVB lighting. His shaking is what they will do with MBD as well. They have to have the correct calcium for muscle function. Without it they can have tremors. So that is why you will see this a lot with MBD due to them not having correct UVB and or supplementation.

I would not have him out moving around like that. The tremors and him not knowing what he is actually grabbing is dangerous. I would keep him in his enclosure. But the enclosure has to be set up correctly with a lot of branches that include horizontals. He needs to have multiple grip areas so if he does lose his balance he is able to catch himself.

I know you said you are using the correct UVB and supplements but I highly recommend we review this as well. But with big box stores they almost always have incorrect UVB lighting and almost always only supplement with calcium with D3. This can further MBD as well and cause D3 toxicity. This is why it is so important to ensure your lighting and distance is correct and your supplementation is on point.

Attachments

• IMG_9200.jpeg
    IMG_9200.jpeg
    661.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9198.jpeg
    IMG_9198.jpeg
    515.3 KB · Views: 32
So with these you can use the calcium without D3. You would lightly dust all insects prior to feeding. This would be used at every feeding. But you want a multivitamin that has D3 and A in it. The one you have is just calcium with D3. So your missing all the water soluble vitamins and vitamin A that they need. I would stop using the exo terra calcium with D3. I would order Repashy calcium plus LOD version. This one has a jackson chameleon on the label. You would use this one only 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th.

This would then cover all supplements.

Back
Top Bottom