Nesting

vfrantz91

Hi! So I got my chameleon a few weeks ago and they were supposed to give me a Male Chamaeleon but they gave me a female. I set up her nesting box for her but she won’t lay her eggs. I do not know what to do. She also keeps on going to the very bottom of her cage.

Hi! So I got my chameleon a few weeks ago and they were supposed to give me a Male Chamaeleon but they gave me a female. I set up her nesting box for her but she won’t lay her eggs. I do not know what to do. She also keeps on going to the very bottom of her cage.

When you say nesting box, what do you mean?
A laying bin? A laying bin made up of substrates life soil and sand would be recommended for your female to dig and lay her eggs .. hope that helps

What does she do when she is on the bottom? What does your enclosure look like? Can you take pictures of it? How old is she? Can you take pictures of her? What are the temps like in your enclosure?

When you say nesting box, what do you mean?
A laying bin? A laying bin made up of substrates life soil and sand would be recommended for your female to dig and lay her eggs .. hope that helps
Yes that is what I meant. I have it setup but she won’t dig in it. She keeps going to the bottom of her cage also.

How do you know she needs to lay eggs?
Can you please post recent photos of her.
I don’t know that she does but she seems like it.

Attachments

• 26ED0D8C-7EC2-4E2D-8980-EEAA303AB95A.jpeg
    26ED0D8C-7EC2-4E2D-8980-EEAA303AB95A.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 63
  • D8EDB147-F724-48B4-B8CD-1A162DD33865.jpeg
    D8EDB147-F724-48B4-B8CD-1A162DD33865.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 50
I always use washed playsand as a substrate in a laybin...but some use soil and sand mix. The chameleons seem to like the sand being in there....and it holds a tunnel well.
I did this and she dug for a few hours and then turned around for a while in the hole and then now she is putting all the sand over the hole so did she have her eggs?

I did this and she dug for a few hours and then turned around for a while in the hole and then now she is putting all the sand over the hole so did she have her eggs?
Sounds like she has laid them. Does it look like she is filling in the hole? If so she should make her way up to the branches. Water her well and offer feeders once she comes back up.

Back
Top Bottom