Nervous/Excited New Member with Bioactive Setup!

I'm lucky to have some really good water here, with a really low TDS reading. So yes, I use it. In fact a local marine fish shop uses it after a further filtering in place of full RO, due to just how low the TDS is.

My mister is on a timer that runs in seconds. It has its daily program set but for an extra long misting, just unplug the timer and manually run it. I suppose it depends on your mister if that's an option.

Mines the Swell branded one but I changed the spray heads for Monsoon ones, which give a much better mist than the supplied ones. It gives loads of power and mists 2 enclosures from the 1 unit with the power set at only 1/3 of what's available.

If I was in another area with harder water, I would probably use RO but don't see the need with what we have here.

Should have said, TDS = Total Dissolved Solids.

I use this for our water in Northamptonshire ...

Attachments

• DSC_0065.JPG
    DSC_0065.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0066.JPG
    DSC_0066.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 81
Also are these lights correct??
What I see is the heat bulb resting on the mesh, an LED that could be Jungle Dawn? But I don't see a UVB strip light.

I see you have a dual lamp fixture and I'm hoping you don't have a compact UVB in there.

What UVB provision have you got?

It looks like the heat lamp is resting right on the mesh. If the mesh is too hot and you little one climbs on it or touches it if a vine is too close, he/she may get burns, which we definitely don't want. Can you also let me know if you have a thermostat controlling the heat lamp and where you have the probe?

Hi.the barking dome is a mercury uvb basking lamp and was told this is sufficient.i've moved the lamps up although he only goes near them to bask a little every so often

Attachments

• DSC_0068.JPG
    DSC_0068.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 86
Just collected the fella. He's an 8 month old Ambilobe Nosey Valiha. Love him already!! He's currently exploring the viv after freezing for 10 mins!

Attachments

• IMG-20190105-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20190105-WA0007.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 20190105_154259.jpg
    20190105_154259.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 106
Just collected the fella. He's an 8 month old Ambilobe Nosey Valiha. Love him already!! He's currently exploring the viv after freezing for 10 mins!
Looks awesome and I wish you all the best with him.

Now you start panicking at everything he does/doesn't do. It's worse than your first child lol.

Back
Top Bottom