Neonatal Set-up

camouflage

Hello Everyone,

Wanted to share this with you. I have some Nosey Be that hatched in early March'14, so far 18 out 31 have hatched.

Here are a few pictures of my neonatal set up and the sire as well.

I also wanted to thank SMCNARY for helping me with some good advise on making this set up happen.

Once again thank you Steve.

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 231
Looks great. I am not sure however why you have the one side of each tub more open. You will find that you want the babies to have as much space to roam around as possible.

I'd suggest that you fill in the tub with your mesh/plant set ups.

Your spot on however with the set up in general.

Saldarya,

Will take your advise and start working on that tonight thank you.

Anything else you see i can improve on good or bad feed back? i can take both very well, at the end of the day its for the chams that we are looking out for.

thanks,

Thank you for the kind words,it was my pleasure. Very well done sir! I would agree with Bobby's comment as I think it would be beneficial to add some more plants and mesh. Everything else looks fantastic and I'm sure you have checked the temp. gradient as we discussed. Pm me when you get ready to sell some of those baby's please.
Again nice job :cool:
Steve

Temps & gradient are as you recommended, they already went thru their first shed. They should be ready by mid June.

Once again thank you.

Sounds like everything is working good. Your baby's should do very well.
BTW that is a very nice Nosy Be you have :cool:

Those set ups look great and so does the dad :D

Sorry to ask some questions in your thread but what's the rule when it comes to neonates and uv lighting? I'm planning on breeding my panthers this year and your set ups have helped me with ideas :D

Fuzzhc,

Thank you.

This is my first clutch and as for the lighting im using two 4o watt plant / aqurium bulb for uv. looks like that is enough for neonates as they have been shedding good.

As for the rule of thumb I am not too sure as I myself is still learning.

I would post a thread on that and hopefully the people with more experience can help us out.

As for the bulb I am currently using I believe is enough for the 1st 3 months but will need to upgrade after that.

Experience members, If i said something that is incorrect, please let me know
and correct me.

thank you in advance.

fillage

If the babies are small as they look in the pix, careful not to overfill the cage. The babies look about 3" ? You want to fill in as they grow. If not, they won't find their food as quickly and often as you want. Being able to see constant moving prey is necessary for proper growth rate. Don't go overboard on filling in. Looks fine.

junglefries,

thank you, I added the mesh to the other half to the tubs no more plants.

I just extended the 1 or 2 vines thru the other half, looks better. More open space for them to see the pin heads, good point thanks.

Back
Top Bottom