Neo with deformed tail. Breeders Please

Thought I'd give an update on the lil guy. I have not witnessed him eat yet, which worries me. There is missing feeders from his enclosure, but they escape as well. He still has tons of spunk and very alert. He sits and watches the food with one eye, me with the other. So that is definately a plus that he is atleast interested in them. Time will tell.

As for his issue of the prolapse...... Well I will let the pics show for themself.

curly 5.jpg

curly 6.jpg

For the most it is not protruding anymore. There is still the smallest little lump that sticks out when he stretches out. As you can see in the last picture though, the rear section of his vent is deformed. So thats not too promising for the future.

I'm continuing the KY 3 times daily. He is housed alone atm to judge as best as possible if he is eating or not. Hopefully I see the little guy chewing on something tomorrow, or a nice big baby poop :eek:. Either way it would make me very happy!

Well the prolapse is definitely looking better. I really hope you find a poop in his enclosure. How old is he now?

He came out of the egg on 1/1, small yolk sac attached. Hoping he is still using his reserves if he hasn't eaten already.

I'm glad to hear he's still making it. I've been working with a preemie for 3 months now. She had the yoke sac a couple of days and the cord for 3 weeks. I've spent allot of time with her and she's doing well just growing very slow.

How would you say the growth rate was affected by that? Is she less than half the size of the siblings?
I'm just very curious. It interests me how factors like that can affect the outcome of the baby for its entire life.

How would you say the growth rate was affected by that? Is she less than half the size of the siblings?
I'm just very curious. It interests me how factors like that can affect the outcome of the baby for its entire life.

Oh I'm keeping this baby.....she's mine! ;) She was from a 6 month retained clutch with only 5 eggs that made it past two weeks and she was the only one that made it. A slit was in the egg and I waited for 24 hours but she was too small and too weak to get out. I opened the egg and got her out. The UVB bulb bothered her the first 2 months so I had to take her outside for natural sun. I weight her every Sunday and she gains every week. This past week from 4.8 to 5.7 grams. That's the size of the runt in my first clutch at one month old. I'm talking veileds here. She's had a couple vet visits and very health and very active. My vet thinks she'll be fine but maybe never as large as her mother. If you'd like to see her just search Elly.

Last edited:
I was just thinking of doing an update on him tomorrow, you beat me to it. Tomorrow will be 28 days old. His prolapse is 100% retracted. He eats very well, is extremely active, and has grown quite a bit. Not to mention he is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I will post some pics of him tomorrow, hes sleeping atm.

I'm so happy he is doing better. All of the talk about ways to "humanely" kill the little guy were honestly making me so sick to my stomach.

I am so very happy to hear that he's doing well and glad that you gave him the chance. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

yes pictures are a must, this story is just heartbraking, moving, and an emotional rollercoaster of dedication, pain, love, and care. we want to see your success, plus he is justt he cutest little bugger id ever seen. wishes of LUCK!

As promised pics of little Curly. Last one is my fav.

curly 9.jpg

curly 8.jpg

curly 7.jpg

Thanks to everyone who has been checking up on him. I will post more updates in the future, he will be sticking with me.

Back
Top Bottom