Needing help

LadyZu

Hi everyone :)

I’ve had my little buddy for three days and I’ve been a bit worried. I’ve been reading a lot of chameleon-keeping horror stories and I’m a bit worried that my chameleon might have MBD or possibly be dehydrated? Are the joints on his back legs normal and should the ribs be this visible? Can someone guide me as to what to look out for since there is a lot of different things I’ve read about this? I’m going to include pictures for advice. I do want to mention I am upgrading his light this weekend to a t5 HO 10.00 and I’ve also bought more foliage to add to his enclosure. Any advice and tips would be helpful. I’ve been really overly worried that I may be doing something wrong with his care.
34760BC8-0681-4967-B61C-D3C9AF9382C3.jpeg
8E28A4C1-80A0-47FA-879F-2518C30546D0.jpeg
8B03B369-D095-45E4-A933-2CA2D1C84853.jpeg

Hello!! He’s very handsome :)
I had a Jackson’s chameleon during the summer but he unfortunately passed due to some kind of parasite. The day I went to bring him to the vet is the day I lost him, I was so so sad. He does look ok but you never know what’s going on inside. I’d bring him to the vet if possible. Most likely they’re just going to need a stool sample so you might not even have to bring him in. He does look ok though, they have the ability to change their body shape it’s very weird. Or at least the 2 of mine do lol. Also, to make sure he’s eating I’d try getting a bird dish and attach it to the side of the cage with floral wire to make sure he’s eating. I’ll attach a picture to show you what I mean.
image.jpg

I don't think your he is a he....I think it's a gravid female and you should try not to be handling her right now ...disturb her as little as possible until she has her babies (not eggs).

I don't see any signs of MBD.

@JacksJill @ kaizen?

Hi all! I’m sorry I posted this thread to three topics but I got an answer(won’t be doing that again! I was just super worried) My buddy is a girl and she’s pregnant, I set up more plants for her tonight to keep her cage more humid and for her to have a spot to drop her babies.

Back
Top Bottom