Need your oppinions!!!!

Thanks jannb,
Zem seem to just like to eat and eat crickets i think as meny i put in there that is as meny he would eat so i deff didnt want to follow wat some things i read sead about feeding as much as they will take so i limited him to 6-8 a day and 2 of them with Calcuim/D3 powder on them ever day iv been doing this for about the full 2 weeks iv had him. When i got him he looked pretty skinny so i thought the petstore guy was deff wrong on his age and how meny crickets to give him a day he told me 3-4 a day. ya right! lol so glad i didnt lisen to him but anyway like i sead he is starting to fattin up if you look at the pics on my profile he is pretty thick in the center so... pls let me know what you think when you see his top view.

thanks agen

Aaron Shimp

He only need D3 twice a month. You need three different supplements to dust his feeders. Below is a link to the brands that I use and it's the lowest price around.

The green one, Calcium without D3 you wil dust lightly with at just about every feeding. When he's older you's start skipping to every ther feeding.

The pink is Calcium with D3 and only use this one twice a month, and and when he's and adult.

The blue one is a multi vit. and this one I use once a month.....some people use it twice a month. This will stay the same even when he's an adult.

http://www.petmountain.com/search/0/0/1/1/?s=supplements

Last edited:
The link didn't work but thanks for the info i have the Calcuim D3, and the Multi Vitamen, im trying to get the Vitamin A and The Calcuim with out D3 soon hopefully.ill also cute back the D3 feeding to twice a month, the multi to once a month and when i get it the Calcuim without D3 to everyday. but wat about the Vitamin A??" :confused:

Aaron Shimp

The link didn't work but thanks for the info i have the Calcuim D3, and the Multi Vitamen, im trying to get the Vitamin A and The Calcuim with out D3 soon hopefully.ill also cute back the D3 feeding to twice a month, the multi to once a month and when i get it the Calcuim without D3 to everyday. but wat about the Vitamin A??" :confused:

Aaron Shimp

Try the link again......it just worked for me.

I never use Vitamin A other than what's in the Herptivite (the blue one)

Here's a different link incase that one doesn't work for you so you can see what they look like: http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/vitamins-medicines-and-cage-cleaners/

Thanks man! Ill get rid of it ASAP!

Yes, please do. We had a local family that bought one of our chams. We gave them bulb information printed out on paper- what to get and what not to get- with dire warnings. We sent them home with the cage and vines. On their way home, for some inane reason they let the pet shop guy talk them into getting the compact bulb instead of what we recommended. The cham was blind in 3 days and dead in a week. They brought him back to us blind, dehydrated, and underweight. I finally got them to describe the UVB bulb and they were ashamed to admit they got exactly what we warned them against, because it was cheaper.

Now we don't sell locally until they have their setup complete and photos taken.

Although I don't know that they used the same bulb you have, your cham will be better off with no UVB for a few days than with the wrong bulb. Just take him outside in the sun for a bit each day in the meantime.

im at work as of now, i called my g/f and told her to turn the coil bulb off i would like to take him outside but i live in PA and are winter is right around the corner and the wether has been fearly cold the past few days... so iv been letting him sit on his hanging pothis plant in front of the window for about 3 hours a day he seams to like it but i know that windows block most UV rays witch is gay! but what you going to do i have a 55 gal fish tank with a canopy light on top along with there hylegen lights i think ill take the reg. canopy one and put it on top his cage with one of the floresint tube light bulb in it... probly this one http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-fluorescent-bulbs/504985/zoo-med-reptisun-5.0-uvb-bulb.html hope it works in the normal 55 gal tank light fixture...:confused:

Lol i wish, no i live in irwin PA. unforchantly:(

P.S. I went back into my profile and fixed it so now you guy will know sorry im new to the world of form's lol. Never realy had a reason to use forms for anything realy till now its actuly pretty cool...

thanks for all the helpfull info ill keep you guys posted! :eek: <---- I like this face! :D

Back
Top Bottom