NEED URGENT HELP!

A chameleon will close their eyes when they are dealing with a painful internal medical condition. Whether it be the advanced stages of a respiratory infection or an overwhelming intestinal parasite load, there is enough pain and distress. that the chameleon is shutting down. So you need to find a reptile vet IMMEDIATELY
Not always, sometimes it can be from supplement issues or even lighting issues so let’s not freak him out since he’s new but a vet visit is probably the best option.

I also want to remind you that feeders from petco and petsmart are not very good and can be parasite carriers from what I’ve heard. It would be best to order your bugs from a reputable place like mentioned above. Ive ordered from b oth rainbow mealworms and dubia.com and they’re both great. Another caution is to not run a fogger unless you can get your temps down to 67 or below at night and only run it at night. If temps are higher than that you can be putting him at risk of a respiratory infection.

Right now we are having a major heat wave in the west so dont buy from rainbowmealworms. I have had issues with crickets from petco but not petsmart. They always smell good and do not die off right away. I have a colony going but have to supplement when the new batch are pinheads. There are many utube videos on starting cricket colonies and once itsgoing. Its eady to maintain. I have just hatched two hawk moths and got about 50 eggs from her. Unf you must hatch a male and female to breed and that diesnt always happen. and they dont live long once hatched. Hornworms R great if u have a hydration issue with ykur cham. Both of my veileds luv them. When the cham is small like yours if they get too big the cham will avoid them. If thats the case, throw them in dirt and let them cacoon. Unf my chams dont like dubias so they arent an option. It usually takes two weeks for a new cham to settle in. He will find his basking spot, sleeping spot, and potty spot! like your set up! Best of luck to you and your new buddy. If there are no spurs on the heal of both feet Kind of like cowboy spurs so he can dig in when mating! If you have a girl you will have to set up a lay bin. They lay eggs even when not fertilized. i am nor sure of the age you need to do this.

Back
Top Bottom