Need some opinions please

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
I’ve found a piece of furniture that I’m thinking would be great to covert to a cham enclosure. Height is 6’ and width is 30” so no concerns there. The depth is 17” and wondering if that would be deep enough.
While the XL Repti breeze is okay, it’s proving not to be the sturdiest.
Opinions?

C3CA3531-1B35-4647-9032-4FB4DA7B1E49.jpeg

I think 17" would be ok, especially with a female. Larger/wider is obviously better, but I think with the length and height your little girl will be happy. You end up with more square footage and than 24x24x48 in the end. I'd just be creative with plants/branches to give her as much running room as possible. Some longer branches on an angle and a few unobstructed branches would help make it feel a bit more open with longer pathways.

That is a lovely piece. You will need two misting tips to cover the width because some of the spray will be blocked by the lack of depth (17")You could if you have skills bump out the back to increase the depth.

That is a lovely piece. You will need two misting tips to cover the width because some of the spray will be blocked by the lack of depth (17")You could if you have skills bump out the back to increase the depth.
I do have some skills and could probably build a reasonable custom enclosure, but not in the mood and lacking a couple of essential tools. This piece is only $30, looks nice and will probably fit in my car to bring home. Guess I’m off to go get it. Thanks @snitz427 and @ jacksJill. :)

Not too sure about the water and wood relationship. Something to consider? Nice looking piece and the price is right.

It will need water proofing. There are several options. Some people have used pond liner others marine coatings.

I built a custom encloser some years ago and used clear polyurethane to seal and never had a problem.

Back
Top Bottom