Need some input on my egg!

TORALVA

Hello everyone! I have a clutch of eggs from February that are beginning to sweat earlier this week and one of them stopped and suddenly appeared with the dark spot shown on the picture. The rest of my eggs are solid white, still plump and have not started to sweat. Just wanted to get yall's input on this spot as I cant tell if it is normal or an indication of too much humidity. Thanks!
IMG_1939.JPG IMG_1938.JPG IMG_1940.JPG IMG_1936.JPG

There's a good chance that one egg is going bad. Sometimes an week embryo stops developing and dies inside the egg. These usually sweat and then mold before the rest of the healthy eggs hatch.

Hello everyone! I have a clutch of eggs from February that are beginning to sweat earlier this week and one of them stopped and suddenly appeared with the dark spot shown on the picture. The rest of my eggs are solid white, still plump and have not started to sweat. Just wanted to get yall's input on this spot as I cant tell if it is normal or an indication of too much humidity. Thanks!
View attachment 171640 View attachment 171639 View attachment 171641 View attachment 171638
If u really want to be sure of that egg is good,use the candle method,turn the room light off and use a small flash light shine on the top egg shell without moving the position of the egg,If u can see the blood vessels or solid on the bottom,that egg is good chance to hatch,if the color was solid yellow nothing happen,then that egg will probably not hatch,hope this explains more about ur egg.

Use your flashlight on your smartphone if you see red Venusaur dark veiny looking on the bottom when the egg Settles. Most likely it's got a nice embryo forming away from the air bubble

View attachment 171640 View attachment 171639 View attachment 171641 View attachment 171638
February. That's 10 months you should be seeing a good portion of a hatchling. Just make sure you place it down exact leave the way you picked it up

Could be perfectly normal and getting ready to hatch. Are they due to hatch now?
Yup, its been 10 months and ive recently been keeping a close eye on this one because its the only one that stopped sweating and has appeared with this spot. its been less than a week since it appeared and i think it might just be close to hatching.

There's a good chance that one egg is going bad. Sometimes an week embryo stops developing and dies inside the egg. These usually sweat and then mold before the rest of the healthy eggs hatch.
Any good idea why this happens? its happen to me in the past and i haven't figured out why.

Back
Top Bottom