Need some help for a panther getting ready to lay

Dyamedic

As I said,my female panther is preggo.Towards the end of next week,she will be put into her egg laying bin.I just need some questions answered.Any help or pointing me to threads that discuss my questions would be greatly appreciated.

1.I see a lot of people going back and fourth on using a incubator.I live in Atlanta Ga.right now my house holds steady at 68-70 degrees.When it gets warmer it might occasionally get to mid 80's.I am assuming a incubator would not really help me much.So should I just skip the incubator?

2.If I decide not to use the incubator,how do I maintain enough humidity,as to not harm the eggs.

If someone who is experienced in successfully hatching eggs w/o incubator,could give me some insight or links discussing the topic would be of great help.there is just so much information,I am kinda lost and running out of time.

Incubation depending on species and Incubator is needed.

However for veilds and panthers they are not "needed"

If your house temp is maintained around 70 you will have no problem incubating in your closet. Alot of people including myself incubate in a closet.

As far as keeping the humidity up, I use vermiculate (others use other substrates). It works for me. Get it sopping wet, then use the squeeze method and squeeze all of the water out of it. (it will maintain some moisure you just do not want it dripping).

Weight your container once all your eggs are in, and monitor the weight to know if you may need to add a few drops of water.

if you do a quick search on the forums for vermiculite and squeeze method, there will be much more detailed instructions.

Back
Top Bottom