Need some dripper ideas

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
Getting close to the time I bring my parson's inside to his winter free range. Going to give a dripper another try with him as I'd like to cut down the frequency that I take him into the shower for hydration. I made one last year and have tried the big/little drippers... the drip never seems consistent and randomly stops and needs adjusted. I want to set something up that he can have a steady drip throughout the day without me having to mess with it constantly. I'd like to place it on the closet shelf to the right of his free range with a tube that leads down to his tree. Any good ideas for this? I seem to fail with drippers...

Here is a picture just to give you an idea.

Attachments

• 20200411_091919.jpg
    20200411_091919.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 93
Also looking at your pick, something like I use might work. It is just a 1 gallon pump sprayer, but the end is mounted above my enclosure. By adjusting the nozzle I can keep the spray contained to about a 2ft radius. I have a washing machine drainage tray to catch water.

It is not perfect, but I punp 15 times, it rains for a while, the goes to a drip. I use 1 gal as it works best, I put in just the amount of water I want, usually less than 1/2 gallon, so I can control overflow.

I’m using a dosing pump that I’ve set on a timer to run for 5 minutes 4 or 5 times a day.

It’s a cheap pump so it doesn’t run very slow, so if it were running all day it would use quite a bit of water

There’s lots of multichannel dosing pumps available on amazon that will run at fairly low rates and could offer a few different drinking spots or times.

Back
Top Bottom